6.7 blows alot of smoke.

CodyS..6.7

Reaction score
Hi. New to the forum around here. Just bought a 2015 f250 platinum. ******d and tuned already. Would have done this myself on another truck but got a good deal and a warranty even with it ******d I couldn't pass up. My concern is it smokes like a freight train. Clears up when it catches up but initially alot before boost kicks in. There is an sct badge emblem inside the door so I'm guessing it's an sct tune. Unfortunately the owner did not leave it with the truck. Is there a low boost fuel tune that sct offers? I'm guessing it's a smoke tune. Had an 08 Cummins ******d 2yrs ago with efi live and didn't come close to this. Just hoping when I can get ezlynk it all clears up. And would I be able to flash ezlynk over the current tune? Or would I have to use ids to flash stock then install ezlynk?

Thanks.

Nigel217

Reaction score
Stand on it from a stop will freight train. My 15 does. Probably running a hot tune. You can get customs tunes that pulls fuel out until boost picks up.

redneck1

Reaction score
One thing to try if it's tuned is check under the throttle body and see if that connection if unplugged. If it's got a decent tune that'll need to be unplugged otherwise it'll smoke and not spool good off the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TrickTruck

Reaction score
mine smokes like a freight train too. full pipe kit, intercooler and 5" out the back. Tyrant tuned.

Tyrant has promised they'll tweak the tune for me, but I have not had time to mess with it in months so it's not done. I feel like I need to hook up with them and get it on a dyno to properly tune it. All my other junk gets dyno tuned, I can't imagine the truck needs anything different.

It is making gobs of power so I'm pretty happy with that, but a lot of smoke.

Jomax

Reaction score
Always loved ge@rhead for their low smoke output but still hauled the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodyS..6.7

Reaction score
Great! I love this truck so much already. Was out of a diesel almost two years and finally made my way back to one. (Came from a 6.7 Cummins) it ran like an ape even being a mega cab dually. Barely smoked at all and I drove it hard. Good truck well should I say good motor and everything else is Junk. Love this powerstroke. Just want to make sure the turbo isn't going out or anything!

CodyS..6.7

Reaction score
Redneck1 thanks for the input. The throttle body was plugged. Unplugged and now about half the smoke thanks!!

Wera

Reaction score
One thing to try if it's tuned is check under the throttle body and see if that connection if unplugged. If it's got a decent tune that'll need to be unplugged otherwise it'll smoke and not spool good off the bottom.

Can you explain why this matters? I was told by Spart-Pat whatever, that I did not need to unplug this w/ their tunes.

Swaan

Reaction score
Not sure why but it matters. On my 16 I did full D-leets and never unplugged them plugs. My exhaust brake was all wacko and didnt work right at all. Long story short I just unplugged those plugs including the butterfly valve and now it works perfect so you tell me.

redneck1

Reaction score
Can you explain why this matters? I was told by Spart-Pat whatever, that I did not need to unplug this w/ their tunes.

I ran spratan tunes for a while and that is right that you don't need to unplug the e g r or throttle. My ez lynk tunes I have to. From my understanding it's for aftermarket intercooler pipes that take out the throttle body. But the plug still will pick up voltage variations hence it affects performance. Pats tunes turn them off but I don't believe ez lynk platform can.