460BBF or LS6.0

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I've got a 95 GT Mustang that I'd like to do some work to. I wanted to do a 460BBF twin turbo. Seems pretty cheap to get power out of them and plenty of guys are boosting them in stock form.

But everyone keeps telling me to go LS. I have a ton of respect for the LS engines but I'm not very knowledgeable on them. My LS friends say power to cost is a hell of a lot better with the LS than a BBF.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the car. Probably a streetable drag car. Nothing really crazy just something to play with and keep building over time.

Just looking for opinions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
*** the ls. Personally, a stroked small block would be a hell of a lot easier and would put the weight distribution a bit better. 408 windsor with twin turbos would be awesome. If youre set on the big block though, id say go for it. Just please, please, please dont put a damn chevy motor in a ford. Hell, its gotten to the point car shows aint much fun anymore cause its either a small block chevy or an ls in everything...

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well that's how I felt about it. Keeping Ford with Ford and what not. I figured I'd do a decently built engine and put another one on the stand to go crazy with. I guess I'm more interested I'm getting the most bang for my buck. Lol

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I knew a guy with a 460 in an 80's hatch and it was pretty nasty had to have a 6" cowl hood to clear the air cleaner!! Good luck sounds fun

wiseguy

Reaction score
better idea 5.0 coyote.. I put one in 96 cobra last year. I used a used f150 motor put mustang cams and boss intake bbk headers on it fits perfect still uses modular mounts 390 hp 8000 rpm stock. stock motor little boost easy 700+ Much lighter than bbf. HP is very competitive with ls with broader hp tq curve. dollar for dollar coyote its hard platform to beat

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I actually considered that. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to get a 460 or 6.0LS than a coyote.

What transmission did you put behind the 5.0? How did you control the engine?

I can pick up a running and driving Chevy 2500 equipped with a 4L80E for around 3k give or take. 460 is a heck of a lot cheaper than that as you can imagine.

What ever I end up buying I plan on putting the same engine on the stand and building even further.

Last edited:

Latest posts