Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Old 01-13-2018, 04:29 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default Carli springs, OUO bars with bags, need help

Picked up my 2.5" carli deaver springs from Josh today, (thanks man!). Trying to figure out how to get bags and OUO traction bars mounted. Also blew a seal on fox shocks today, but another thread...

I have 2.5" Carli Deaver springs which I intend to use OUO bars (sitting in office-need mounts)and some kind of air bags with. I like the daystar bracket non attached idea, but honestly I don't off-road my $60k truck. However I'd still like articulation trying to get toys and equipment into the woods. I know Carli makes bags but they won't work with 2.5" lift. I plan to upgrade to 37" Toyo rts (have 35" now, plenty of room)on the stock platinum wheels and prefer not to collapse a fender with a load and offroad. So I definitely need a bag, prefer biggest bag I can fit. But why I stated about shock, I don't think it's conscience the shock next to 5" pipe leaked today was real close to extreme heat for 8-9 hour ride
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit stage 2/pg 7 and prefilter intake, h&s intercooler pipe(throttlebody-gone) and half ccv reroute, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, amp steps, weathertechs, edge cts2, titan tank, dieselsite fuel filter, blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, linex plat, retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry,fox 2.0 res shocks, toyo rt 37", OUO ala & bars
Old 01-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

I have firestone bags mounted to the OUO blocks on my truck, works pretty well. I have heard the 2wd bags for our trucks are a bit longer to give you a little extra. The daystar cradles are a good idea I need to get some for my truck, I got under it to clean it this winter and noticed I have both my bags torn from going threw ditches and what not.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:25 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

ordered 2wd air lift bags today, Guess I need day star cradles and OUO under axle mounts. I forgot to metion I have a blue ox gooseneck, not sure if air lift mounts will work
2015 F250 platinum, flopro 5", jones turbine 5050xl, polished No Limit stage 2/pg 7 and prefilter intake, h&s intercooler pipe(throttlebody-gone) and half ccv reroute, jenny craig, sotf gear hedd tune, Rigid DOT fogs, Chinese 40" radius led, amp steps, weathertechs, edge cts2, titan tank, dieselsite fuel filter, blue ox gooseneck, Hellwig bars, retrofit projectors, linex plat, retrax cover,full Carli 2.5" backcountry,fox 2.0 res shocks, toyo rt 37", OUO ala & bars
Old 01-14-2018, 08:37 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Default Carli springs, OUO bars with bags, need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JUICE View Post
ordered 2wd air lift bags today, Guess I need day star cradles and OUO under axle mounts. I forgot to metion I have a blue ox gooseneck, not sure if air lift mounts will work

Bummer, I have hellwig Big wig bags for a 2wd I would’ve sold for less the new. Never used brand new in the box.

Was meant for my 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
Bummer, I have hellwig Big wig bags for a 2wd I would’ve sold for less the new. Never used brand new in the box.

Was meant for my 2015

they have brackets? I bought them for $82 shipped from amazon. warehouse deals open box lol. I am interested though, pm me
Old 01-26-2018, 06:02 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post

Was meant for my 2015

How much you want for them and what all is included
Old 02-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

well neither the big wig or air lift will fit with my 5th wheel and these springs. air lift mounts on top of top plate which can not happen the way I have stock top plates. the big wig will work after i modify the top bracket I think. it won't bolt up with the 5th wheel plate on outside of frame rail
Old 02-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

an idea for your shock being close to the exhaust....wrap that portion of exhaust in header wrap.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

I built a full kit for just this application, but on a '17 a while back using the Daystar pucks. Nothing I saw stock would work so I fabbed it all up, and welded mounts to the axles. It works fantastically, but welding is a big commitment. I might dig up some pics to give you an idea maybe of what to do
Old 03-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

post pics.

so far I have wrapped the pipe with header wrap. Have the traction bars and springs working, have not modified the upper brackets for fit at the fifth wheel brackets. I will take a few pics today.

had to pull my sway bar off as the links will hit the springs under flex