Can you flow and balance 6.4l injectors?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I was wondering if you have the capabilities to flow and balance the 6.4l injectors yet? Also do you sell injectors and nozzles that have been matched/balanced?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Flow yes, balance, no. We have a set of 6.4 Injectors here that are all even across the board with low miles on them, I can install 15,30,60,100, and 150% nozzles on them.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i had mine balanced and it was a ton of work. and still not dead nuts on.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
A good healthy injector and nozzle they will flow very close normally within 2-3 ml
Honestly I would say it's a huge waste of money and time to do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Yes they will and most of the time low mileage stock will to

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
See.. That's where I do not agree at all

Last week, 8 brand new Motorcraft injectors, brand new 60% nozzles.

There was a variance of 15mm of fuel across the board between the 8 injectors.

On a set of low mileage OEM injectors with new 30% there was over 20% variance.

I just don't think its right to say you don't need to do something just because you might luck out, because we've flowed a new set of stock injectors right out of the box and seen variance by more than 2-3mm of fuel delivered

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The point is you can waste the time and the money doing it but what difference are you going to notice? More power I doubt it.. motor issues ? I doubt it all of mine and the trucks we have built have been perfectly fine with 1000 plus horsepower

BogginF350

Reaction score
I have seen up to a 45CC variance @ 27Kpsi /2.3MS on new units with 100% nozzles. In my opinion 45cc is huge. In laymans terms that is nearly 50% of max delivery on a stock 6.0 engine, which that 45cc nets 170hp worth of fuel..

That cylinder is going to run extremely hot compared to the rest at WOT. This is most likely why people are seeing random melted pistons. One injector flows 315CC and the next flows 360CC. Last week I did three sets with 60% nozzles and they varied from 285cc to 300CC. It seems to multiply based on the % of overflow. And this is using new nozzles that are balanced within one tenth of 1%. Also, it is good to trim the delivery on idle and mid range by changing the stack height of the Piezo. This nets a much smother idle.

Craig, I am pretty sure that Hartrirdge IFT70 you use only tests to 10K psi. So you are probably not seeing the deviation like we are. Im not trying to bust anybodys balls, just trying to help. :D give me a call if you want.

BogginF350

Reaction score
I just realized that I posted in The Maryland Thread. You can removed my post if you want. I was just emailed the link and didn't pay attention.

buck russell

Reaction score
Craig, I am pretty sure that Hartrirdge IFT70 you use only tests to 10K psi. So you are probably not seeing the deviation like we are. Im not trying to bust anybodys balls, just trying to help. :D give me a call if you want.

Please help me understand how you're not trying to break balls in this thread...you just trolled two pages with your "superior" knowledge. Furthermore, you're doing it in a vendor thread in a vendor sub-forum. Poor taste all around.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have seen up to a 45CC variance @ 27Kpsi /2.3MS on new units with 100% nozzles. In my opinion 45cc is huge. In laymans terms that is nearly 50% of max delivery on a stock 6.0 engine, which that 45cc nets 170hp worth of fuel..

That cylinder is going to run extremely hot compared to the rest at WOT. This is most likely why people are seeing random melted pistons. One injector flows 315CC and the next flows 360CC. Last week I did three sets with 60% nozzles and they varied from 285cc to 300CC. It seems to multiply based on the % of overflow. And this is using new nozzles that are balanced within one tenth of 1%. Also, it is good to trim the delivery on idle and mid range by changing the stack height of the Piezo. This nets a much smother idle.

Which you are right, this machine is just a test stand to test basic operation of the injector. To be optimal yes, I agree they should be balanced. Is it always necessary maybe, maybe not.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Please help me understand how you're not trying to break balls in this thread...you just trolled two pages with your "superior" knowledge. Furthermore, you're doing it in a vendor thread in a vendor sub-forum. Poor taste all around.

He didn't troll anything. He shared a difference of opinion on whether or not its worth it balance injectors.

Move the thread to AWOL if its such a problem, but making a generalized statement that all 6.4 injectors are created equal isn't a great idea.

This came up in the general screen on the main page, he even apologized before you posted anyway so chill

buck russell

Reaction score
He didn't troll anything. He shared a difference of opinion on whether or not its worth it balance injectors.

Move the thread to AWOL if its such a problem, but making a generalized statement that all 6.4 injectors are created equal isn't a great idea.

This came up in the general screen on the main page, he even apologized before you posted anyway so chill

Oh, really, he didn't troll anything? Are you referring to yourself in the third person jared or is someone else at the keyboard? I just read the last two pages of this thread and from my point of view, it looked like you were trying to prove Craig wrong. No?

Simple point is, it's poor form to get all keyboard warrior in another vendor's thread. Furthemore, telling me to "chill" is ridiculous. Now you look bad as a vendor telling someone else to "chill" and, honestly, the way you've been toting your "know it all" attitude aroud the forum, it's not gone unnoticed.

While you may have an arugable point with balanacing injectors, the manner in which you present the case makes you look like a tool. Pretty sure if I were buying parts, I wouldn't buy any from you solely based on the way you conduct yourself on the forum. I thought you and Craig had a decent rapport?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Oh, really, he didn't troll anything? Are you referring to yourself in the third person jared or is someone else at the keyboard? I just read the last two pages of this thread and from my point of view, it looked like you were trying to prove Craig wrong. No?

Simple point is, it's poor form to get all keyboard warrior in another vendor's thread. Furthemore, telling me to "chill" is ridiculous. Now you look bad as a vendor telling someone else to "chill" and, honestly, the way you've been toting your "know it all" attitude aroud the forum, it's not gone unnoticed.

While you may have an arugable point with balanacing injectors, the manner in which you present the case makes you look like a tool. Pretty sure if I were buying parts, I wouldn't buy any from you solely based on the way you conduct yourself on the forum. I thought you and Craig had a decent rapport?

I type and speak for myself Andrew, thank you very much. I'm not sure where your sudden animosity towards me came from, but I must have by not agreeing to undercut Premier Performance on those parts you needed.

Please inform me where I went all "keyboard warrior" on this? You got bent out of shape, and then Greg AGREED with the statement Josh made. Its a difference of opinions. Shops that work together are allowed to pow wow. The only hard feelings here are from you. I was merely telling you to chill because your making something out of nothing.

I do more business back and forth with Buddy, Greg, and Craig than you could ever comprehend, so I'm not sure what kind of crap your trying to stir up but there's nothing.

Lang

Reaction score

Hmm I don't know a single person in this thread. I do know that I called Jared's shop a couple months ago with a question on a 3-link. HE answered my question personally. Try calling any other vendor on here and see whom you get to speak to. Don't think the guy has any sort of attitude. Think he's kinda cool just answering average joe's question whom aren't even ordering parts yet. When I do my coil conversion on an OBS I'll be ordering my parts from him.

Latest posts

Members online