6.4 WHAT INJECTORS/NOZZLES TO GET....

Jsexton

Reaction score
My truck is a 6.4 with dual fulers with a 467.7 turbo...
Tuned by GH. The motor has your typical mods done fass, fuel bowl ******, stage 1 cam, HD valves springs, max force piston, ported manifold, pushrods all the basic stuff. Here has been my biggest issue.
The current injectors are stock with 30% NOZZLES. 85k on injectors, they have never been tested.
It's always has injector rattle but at 1845 RPM THE rattle just comes alive is is crazy loud. But after the truck build boost it goes away.
I want to put in new injectors with nozzles to match this set up. Will this cure the crazy rattle.
Also who's injector and nozzle do y'all recommend.
Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
in my opinion, switching to 60s would help your setup bigly power wise, as 30s are barely overcoming the parasitic loss of the second pump that it takes to drive them. I also had injector rattle with that tuning around that rpm range but it didnt really bother me. After the second motor build i found out that the rocker arms were actually causing a lot of what i perceived as injector noise fwiw.

i would suggest Exergy for any injector work.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Send your injectors to River City Diesel and have them flowed and tested. I’d go with 60s or 100s and have GH tune accordingly. Exergy is another good choice but maybe a bit more money.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I will have a set of balanced 60% injectors for sale in the next month or so.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
If someone had a set of low mileage stockers that they would send to rcd to be checked and flowed I would do an even trade.

Lipka101

Reaction score
If someone had a set of low mileage stockers that they would send to rcd to be checked and flowed I would do an even trade.

What’s low mile for you? I have a set with 153k. Original injectors and fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black AOD

Reaction score
in my opinion, switching to 60s would help your setup bigly power wise, as 30s are barely overcoming the parasitic loss of the second pump that it takes to drive them. I also had injector rattle with that tuning around that rpm range but it didnt really bother me. After the second motor build i found out that the rocker arms were actually causing a lot of what i perceived as injector noise fwiw.

i would suggest Exergy for any injector work.

Exergy wont touch 6.4 injectors. They only ever did about 3 sets ever and then they quit doing them.

As someone else said, contact RCD.

Latest posts

Members online