Going through hub assemblies too fast

rrkroll

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am wondering if there is something I should look for or something I need to replace when I change my front wheel assemblies again. I just replaced the hub assemblies on my 2011 f250 in March. I used MOOG lifetime guarantee bearings. Both of them are already shot, bad enough that there is approximately 1/2” of play at the top of the tire. These are not even 4 months old and have about 12000 miles on them. Before installing them the last time, I scotch brightened the bore in the hub, cleaned everything up really well and put just enough grease in that the o- rings would slide in well.
This truck has stock rims and stock size tires on it and has 99% highway miles on it. If you know of some trick that would increase the life of these please let me know.

Thanks. Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morefuel

Reaction score
Did you check the movement after you put those in to see if it had been fixed? Could it be ball joints instead of bearing?

Last edited:

rrkroll

Reaction score
Yes, everything was very tight in the front end after repair. And it was aligned the day after fixing it. The passenger side bearing is back off the truck and It is definitely junk again.

rrkroll

Reaction score
Might be what I have to do, I am going to give the Moog another shot but I will not be changing these every 4 months.

Latest posts

Members online