Traction control sucks!

DuvalJohn

Reaction score
Guys,
I want to WOT ON A MUDDY ROAD!

I hunt and at times don’t want to use 4wd. But with traction control & autotrac off, the truck still DE-tunes when the wheels break lose. What’s the fix?
Ez-lync & Forscan?

Thx for any help

mikeeg02

Reaction score
On the 11-16s you can disconnect the drivers front abs sensor down by the link arm. Retains Speedo and cruise. Disables abs/traction control/advanced track. I keep mine disconnected all the time. I cannot stand anything that takes away my ability to use the brake pedal. Or gas pedal for that matter.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have a switch I flip on and off that breaks the fuse. I got this idea from another member. It's called a "fun switch". Works great throws abs light and brake light on dash. After about 3 minutes of driving the wrench comes up. But as soon as i flip it back everything works great. No lights no wrench. My truck is an 15 model.

I will get the fuse number and stuff in a bit. And a pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Why do this when u can disable the traction control by holding down the tcs button for a few seconds disabling the advanced trac control. 17's different?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I think advanced trac re-enables after a certain speed. And I don't want to have to turn it on every key cycle.

That's my reasoning anyways.

Last edited:

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I thought it was over 45 mph and it enables. I know I can turn of by the TCS button and it shuts down when the tires spin at 55. With the fun switch it does nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DuvalJohn

Reaction score
Buttons work, but if you’re on a muddy road and hit a mud hole and all you really need is WOT for a bit, Trac control will shut it all down. Luckily for me the mud hole was shallow and after slowing down to almost a stop 4wd was enabled to pull out.
I just want full control when “I” want it! ��. It is nice on the hard road when it’s kicks in and there traffic so if actually helps.
I’m going to try forscan.
Thx

Hawk388

Reaction score
I turn mine off and leave tire marks from 20-50mph.

Since I don't care about doing donuts or any of that ****, I'm pretty happy. If I preload the trans, I can burnout from 0-50mph. That's with hitting advance track off button, then holding it for about five seconds. But I don't want to burn my tires off. Did that plenty of times with my 2011 Mustang GT and got tired of replacing rear tires. So I guess I'm happy with what I can do. Going down sandy trails, the same settings let me get sideways going around corners even in 4Hi.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.