Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 12-31-2016, 12:24 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Default apparent new recall on the my 17

Recall on the low pressure oil pump. On cold start ups only, low oil pressure conditions have occurred and can ruin the engine obviously. Check it out fellas, hopefully none of the trucks on here have this issue- only certain "month" builds are effected by this recall. In addition to other findings not related to this recall, wiring chaffing can occur at the suction refrigerant line. This chaff is located on passenger side of vehicle, middle molex plug on fire wall- look below at suction line by access port- the harness can be touching the refrigerant pipe. Some are on it rubbing up against it, others are fine with 1/2" or so clearance causing no issues.

Last edited by 04cr450; 12-31-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:31 AM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

I've also heard of this issue.
I'm pretty sure a lot of delivery dates, including mine, have been pushed back a month to curtail the issue.
My truck for example is finished/built but they are not releasing it for shipment
Old 12-31-2016, 12:39 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

gotcha, just heard it from my ford diesel tech buddy and figured i would be the messenger for you guys
Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Found the video on another forum, here it is;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXYk5dFP9ss

I went hunting and found the VIN of that Platinum he is looking at, which spits out this info on the Recall/FSA system;
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html
Quote:
VIN: 1FT8W3BT9HEB46194
Recall Date: DEC 19, 2016
Recall Title: FRAME CROSSMEMBER REINFORCEMENT BRACKET INSPECTION
NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#
Ford Recall Number: 16S45
Recall Description: SOME F-SUPER DUTY PICKUP VEHICLES BUILT WITHIN THE SUSPECT DATE RANGE MAY BE MISSING A FRAME REINFORCEMENT BRACKET AT THE ATTACHMENT OF THE FRONT FUEL TANK STRAP, WHICH IS REQUIRED ON THESE VEHICLES FOR LONG-TERM DURABILITY. FORD IS NOT AWARE OF ANY REPORTS OF ACCIDENT, INJURY OR FIRE RELATED TO THIS CONDITION.
Risk to Safety: THE FRAME REINFORCEMENT FOR THE FUEL TANK SUPPORT STRAP IS REQUIRED ON SUPER DUTY PICKUP APPLICATIONS FOR LONG-TERM DURABILITY. OVER TIME, THE MISSING REINFORCEMENT ON THESE VEHICLES COULD LEAD TO THE FUEL TANK STRAP SEPARATING FROM THE FRAME, RESULTING IN THE FUEL TANK MOVING OUT OF POSITION AND POTENTIALLY CONTACTING THE GROUND, INCREASING THE RISK OF A FUEL LEAK. A FUEL LEAK IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A FIRE.
Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO INSPECT FOR THE PRESENCE OF A REINFORCEMENT ON THE #3 CROSS MEMBER AT THE FRONT FUEL TANK STRAP ATTACHMENT LOCATION. IF NO REINFORCEMENT BRACKET IS FOUND, THE DEALER WILL INSTALL A REINFORCEMENT BRACKET. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

VIN: 1FT8W3BT9HEB46194
FSA Title: ENGINE OIL PRESSURE INSPECTION
Field Service Action Number: 16U32
VIN info from that truck;
Quote:
Build Date: 12.09.2016
Vehicle Line: F-Series Super Duty
Body Style: Double Cab (3/4 Door)
Version: 350 Series
Engine: 6.7L 4V V8 T/C Diesel
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Trans (6R140)
Drive: LHD 4WD (PTD)
Axle Ratio: 3.55
Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: High Capacity Air Conditioner
Territory: (+)"USA"
Paint: Ingot Silver Metallic 2
I entered my Platinum VIN into the recall/FSA system, it was built later, and does not include the fuel tank issue (thought this was gas trucks only??) or the oil pressure issue;
Quote:
Build Date: 14.10.2016
Will keep watching my VIN for updates as well as the truck for cold start behavior and oil pressure, it is likely on immediate start which I won't be able to see on the dash until it boots.

Any Ford techs able to provide some insight or a copy of "Field Service Action Number: 16U32"?

Enjoy horrible service, sub-par quality and made in China product? Mishimoto is your one stop shop!

Last edited by AllGo'N'Show; 12-31-2016 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:05 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

As far as the 16u32 recall goes, it is a demonstration and delivery hold. We are doing our entire stock, so ive got something like 35 of them to do. Recall is to run them at 2400-2500 rpm for 1/2 hor, then let it sit for a minimum of 8 hours, then have to check on a cold start for how long the oil pressure switch takes to change. Ford is anticipating 1%or less of vehicles to be affected. As of right now, any fixes if affected are going to be released in mid January.
04 cclb IDP and TSD tunes, No Limit intake and cac tubes, CSF intercooler, ARP 625 studs, Oringed heads, Oliver's Stage 2 ported intake manifold, Holder's 205/30 injectors, KC stage 3, RCD Stage 1 cam, RCD lifters, push rods, and 120# springs, MBRP 4 inch single smoker with 6 in black angle cut stack, Snow Stage 2, Air Dog 2, Driven Diesel regulated return, Auto Meter Factory Match boost, pyro, trans, hpop, fuel pressure, Cervini's 3 in cowl hood, smoked tail lights, 05 front end
Old 01-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

any news on what the fix for effected trucks will be ?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatel23 View Post
any news on what the fix for effected trucks will be ?
Not yet. Estimated release of fixes is Jan 16. Got done with the 34 or 35 at the shop, and had no issues.
04 cclb IDP and TSD tunes, No Limit intake and cac tubes, CSF intercooler, ARP 625 studs, Oringed heads, Oliver's Stage 2 ported intake manifold, Holder's 205/30 injectors, KC stage 3, RCD Stage 1 cam, RCD lifters, push rods, and 120# springs, MBRP 4 inch single smoker with 6 in black angle cut stack, Snow Stage 2, Air Dog 2, Driven Diesel regulated return, Auto Meter Factory Match boost, pyro, trans, hpop, fuel pressure, Cervini's 3 in cowl hood, smoked tail lights, 05 front end
Old 01-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

My new lariat I picked up this weekend falls under this recall. Will def keep an eye on it!
'13 F250 CCSB Black/Black: Carli Starter & Stabilizer, Minimaxx, S&B intake, 5" FloPro, egr blocker, BMF Rehabs, Toyo MTs, Titan 50gl Tank, Amp steps, Blacked Out Tails/3rd/Markers....... Thank you 8 Lug Truck Gear & Discount Tire
Old 01-10-2017, 12:23 AM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

Default apparent new recall on the my 17

Good news that you didn't have to fix any you checked.
My build date was 11/27 and I have an eta of 1/12 so hopefully mine checks out as well.

Thanks for the info
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Haven't had any for the recall yet. But for those of you have or will be getting a 17 have a look at the engine harness as it comes out from the pcm and goes by the EGR cooler. Already had one the harness rubbed through on two wires for injectors. 4000 miles on it. They are all gonna have the same problem, they have a harness retainer holding the harness against the cooler...