Matt strokes my pipe

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
my fat 4 inch pipe, He sent this to me today, he's almost done with my 4" one piece intake that takes a 5" monster AFE filter.

Thanks Matt, cant wait for it to arrive!

photonov2860022pm.jpg

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Guys, This thing is awesome! Its a HUGE difference from my S&B setup that I had. Most aftermarket intakes are just fine for stock chargers, but this charger needs the least amount of restriction possible. The sound that comes from this thing are awesome, throttle response is improved greatly, and most of the low end hazing I had driving around is now gone. Im not one to say intakes make a marginal difference, but it now starts spooling a little quicker too, a lot less effort to drive around town. If you have a big fuel/air build you need something like this. Ill try and get some videos for you guys.

AFE 24-91036 filter is being used.

photodec0652536pm.jpg

photodec0652523pm.jpg

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Would like to see intake air temps , I tried an open filter element just like that setup and it always had significantly higher IATs at idle sitting still

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Would like to see intake air temps , I tried an open filter element just like that setup and it always had significantly higher IATs at idle sitting still

possibly if youre measuring before the intercooler, after the heat exchange, the difference is nothing.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This thing sees plenty of cool air from the front grille and from beneath, not at all worried about intake air temps. It was well worth the money i spent on it. I immediately noticed significant difference than my s&b.

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
This thing sees plenty of cool air from the front grille and from beneath, not at all worried about intake air temps. It was well worth the money i spent on it. I immediately noticed significant difference than my s&b.

Really?

P.S.
Love all the double clamps on the hot side cac hose
*** yea bro
I hate blowing that hose

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I want. Pm coming.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Matt will hook you up!

nice! now powdercoat that shiz

I usually dont like my stuff to look pretty or flashy, which is why my truck still looks relatively stock. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere but I may just have to dress up the bay a little! I've got some plans Im thinking about hot and cold side pipes done in stainless to match, passenger being v-band.

When I do a ported intake, everything will be getting coated. Intake manifold, alternator, all brackets that can be see from the bay, valve covers, all black powdercoated, and black ceramic hot side on the charger. The compressor cover, and all charge piping will be chromed. We will see, those are just plans most of which will likely never happen LOL

Really?

P.S.
Love all the double clamps on the hot side cac hose
*** yea bro
I hate blowing that hose

Yes, really.

no JJ'ing boots here! LOL

All kidding aside, one clamp on each side isnt all that tight, just there because I was too lazy to loosen the other two to get them off after I couldn't tighten them down all the way. :lame:

I've never blown a boot, I dont know why people have so many issues. ccv reroute and tighten the clamp as much as it will go.

weazel

Reaction score
Looks real good, I made one using 4" pipe and pieces of the stock intake

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Latest posts