1978 Crew Cab F250 4X4, 7.3 POWERSTROKE Conversion

1killerz

Reaction score
the dash

Some where in Eleanor's history, the dash was apart before. The plastic heater switch mechanism was discovered to be broken when we freed it.

>

>

Last edited:

1killerz

Reaction score
eleanor_dash.jpg

Some where in Eleanor's history, the dash was apart before. The plastic heater switch mechanism was discovered to be broken when we freed it. (Its the crappy white plastic piece behind the heater controls)

1killerz

Reaction score
eleanor_dash_1_.jpg

Hard to tell. But somewhere along the line in this trucks life, the radio mount was "hogged" out. Not sure what I will do about that...

1killerz

Reaction score
When the dash was taken out the first time (not me), some how the dash got a nice notched dent and hole in it (top right of pic). Cant see it when the dash is in the truck... but definitely can see it when its out and I will know its there...

eleanor_dash_2_.jpg

1killerz

Reaction score
so, now thats a small wiring harness.

Time to clean this up and remove the old wiring harness and lay in the 1996 donor harness.

eleanor_dash_4_.jpg

What could go wrong?:fustrate:

CJunkie

Reaction score
Just got done reading through the whole thread and I gotta say, wow! Love watching these things unfold. (unfortunately sometimes in more ways than one). And about that "crummy" comment in the beginning, as a west coaster, I think that means the same thing as "in poor condition" lol.

1killerz

Reaction score
that looks like a puzzle that is way to hard for me.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Its above my paygrade too. But I like puzzles. And I like to learn. This will either break me (and my fragile mind), or it be something to be proud of.

With my youngest boy watching me on this, I don't want to fail. so break me it is!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Its above my paygrade too. But I like puzzles. And I like to learn. This will either break me (and my fragile mind), or it be something to be proud of.

With my youngest boy watching me on this, I don't want to fail. so break me it is!
nice!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

1killerz

Reaction score
Just got done reading through the whole thread and I gotta say, wow! Love watching these things unfold. (unfortunately sometimes in more ways than one). And about that "crummy" comment in the beginning, as a west coaster, I think that means the same thing as "in poor condition" lol.

You could be right in regards to the condition related aspect. Either way, gonna plow through this one way or the other...

1killerz

Reaction score
Was talking with a friend about Eleanor, and Power Strokes in general, when he stated "have you seen the Noveske Ford Crew Cab?".

No, no I had not.

Has anyone seen this? Its a PS powered 70's crew cab out in Washington. I have been looking for any information on the build. To no avail. Anyone else know where I could find the build write up on it?

JRLott

Reaction score
Was talking with a friend about Eleanor, and Power Strokes in general, when he stated "have you seen the Noveske Ford Crew Cab?".

No, no I had not.

Has anyone seen this? Its a PS powered 70's crew cab out in Washington. I have been looking for any information on the build. To no avail. Anyone else know where I could find the build write up on it?

http://bfy.tw/9XOF John Noveske's truck. You're welcome.

Latest posts

Members online