Brake Booster failed

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
So truck is in the shop again. I noticed a spongy pedal and fluid on my mat and on my jeans. Took it to dealer and they said the brake booster on my F350 went out. 16,000 and brakes are starting to fail. :doh:

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Yes I did! You can see the post down in the general section. I'm in love. So glad I went with the new body style and I'm loving the 6.7 too!

Abrannan19

Reaction score
I have noticed an occasional drip of brake fluid on my plastic husky mats. I probably should take it in. It's only a small amount randomly and the brakes still work just fine.

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
I have noticed an occasional drip of brake fluid on my plastic husky mats. I probably should take it in. It's only a small amount randomly and the brakes still work just fine.

Adam
Mine did the same thing. Then the pedal was soft and under hard brake large amount of fluid on mat. You could feel the brakes releasing at stop lights and hills. I would get it in as soon as possible. My truck has been gone almost a week bc of back ordered parts.

Last edited:

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
Hmmmm, wondering if this is a Job 1 specific occurrence or if we should all start checking.

I was told only on the f350, the f250 are a different style. The Edge and Mustang GTs are having the same problem. The f250 have vacuum brakes and they are fine.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yeah, mine were pretty squishy, one of my complaints with my 2011 f350 that Ford wouldnt respect. I was told to "adjust" to my sometimes squishy pedal, my trans hitting limp mode stock TWICE before 2,000 miles.. Yeah, i adjusted myself into a Denali for the next few years..

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
Its got one last chance, Even my wife said one last chance.

Its been in the shop for:
paint ( a week )
leak in up pipe ( a week)
trans reflash (two days)
brake booster ( a week)

Slow turn around on fords service.

6L strokin

Reaction score
Its got one last chance, Even my wife said one last chance.

Its been in the shop for:
paint ( a week )
leak in up pipe ( a week)
trans reflash (two days)
brake booster ( a week)

Slow turn around on fords service.

paint you shoulda noticed before and nothing that made truck not run
up pipe just wasnt tightened from factory for some stupid reason
trans reflash on mine took 20 min (schedule for when they can get it in and do it not finish working on other stuff while yours is sitting outside)
brake booster was kinda bs they screwed around and waited till friday afternoon to look at it...

as far as the problems me and you have both had... could happen with any new vehicle.... just stupid crap. as far as the driveability, etc goes i couldnt be happier! id much rather be in shop over stupid crap than a major failure!!! just sucks and you being my best friend, i know you over react buddy!! :poke: still gotta love ya though! LOL :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online