My Impressions of the 6.7L

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Well I convinced my dad to pick one of these trucks up, this is his first diesel and his first Ford since 78'. He wanted one spec'd just like my 2010 so our trucks are twins in most ways. Both trucks are white cclb xlt trucks with 3.55 gears, so I feel like I can give a fairly accurate comparison on a stock vs. stock truck.
First off all the things I have come to expect from a Ford are there, the quality of the truck is second to none. The ride quality is excellent and the fitment of all body panels is exact.
Power wise this truck is a runner, stock vs. stock against my 6.4L there really isn't much of a comparison. The 6.7 will run away and hide with its quick spooling snappy power. The 6.4 in comparison is sluggish and doesn't have the snap or the pull imo. The 6.7 feels comparable to my 6.4 on the H&S 80hp tune. I haven't had a chance to pull with the 6.7 yet but I am expecting great things from it in that arena as well.
Fuel mileage has settle in right around 16 mpg avg, which is a solid 3-4 mpg better than my 6.4 ever got stock. So far the urea has gone un-noticed other than the really large fuel cap door.
I do have one solid complaint with this truck, and that is it sound a lot like a duramax imo. This motors sound is vastly different than the international build power stroke motors. I guess that is one thing that will take some getting used too.

Over all I think Ford hit it outta the park with this truck, I'm excited to see where this motor goes from here as I believe the potential to harness huge power is there.:fordoval:

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Great post! I've driven the 6.7 and absolutley love them! Talked to a guy last week with one, he said it tows like a dream, better than his duramax could dream of

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
I look forward to towing with it, my family owns a big motorcycle atv and rv dealership. So it will be delivering a few heavy trailers I'm sure!

Strokerguy

Reaction score
I love mine so far. Coming from a few chipped/modded 6.0 strokes. I'm thinking bout deleting the DPF and Urea crap.

eastern

Reaction score
Man this sucks bought my new 6.7 begining of Oct. and waiting for dealer in ohio to put utility body on it then drive it out to me. Reading alot about them and thanks for the positive feed back. Still have my 6.4 (just getting out of shop) and love it but can't wait to get my new truck.

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
Man this sucks bought my new 6.7 begining of Oct. and waiting for dealer in ohio to put utility body on it then drive it out to me. Reading alot about them and thanks for the positive feed back. Still have my 6.4 (just getting out of shop) and love it but can't wait to get my new truck.

Just out of curiousity, which Dealer in Ohio?

eastern

Reaction score
Coughlin bought my 08 from them as well. It is that Reading bodies are 6-8 weeks out and waiting on a Knapheide. So I really can't hold them responsible for the delay.

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Coughlin bought my 08 from them as well. It is that Reading bodies are 6-8 weeks out and waiting on a Knapheide. So I really can't hold them responsible for the delay.

It will be worth the wait man. My dad has been working his 6.7L pretty hard as of late with a bunch of deliveries pulling bigger loads and the more he works it the more he likes it. Loves the mileage and power that the diesel offers, he even said that he wishes he would have gone diesel earlier! When he told me that I was like :jawdrop: cause he has been a gas powered guy forever.

eastern

Reaction score
I buy my trucks there cause so far no one could touch there prices. They bring **** load of trucks to the horse shoe and I don't think they want to ship them back, plus I think sales are lower than other years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.