Big Time Kustomz 6.0 Ported Intake Manifold

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Ok fellas Here we go with a little preview!

This is something that we have been working on for a little while, and finally got the first one completed to our liking.

IMG_4582_zpsf7f42ed0.jpg

This is going to be our "Stage I" Ported intake manifold. We are finalizing a few things then this will be sent out for testing. This stage 1 manifold has the posts milled out to increase air flow. We are sending this out for some air flow testing in the next week or so, and will be reporting back the results. As long as the results come back to our liking, we will be looking to send a few of these out to be tested on some members trucks.

We are working on pricing right now, and will also have powder coating options as well. Check back for some updates as we get our test data back!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Should have some information on these manifolds in the next week, just waiting for the results to make sure there are no leaks, then it will be off to powder coat. Keep your eyes out as we get ready to start looking for some testers for these manifolds!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
after a little delay in this, we got it over to our machine shop, they were able to pressure check these things for us, they were good at 100 psi. This will be headed off to powdercoat, and I will get some pictures up when we get them back.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
another update on these, we got the first one back, these things look good. we will be testing this one on our truck and as long as we see the results we are looking for, we will be looking for some testers. Check back for more updates.

IMG_6467_zpse210be87.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
little bit of an update on this.

Red truck was drivin last night, not these results must be taken with a grain of salt as we make other adjustments to the truck as well, but the throttle response seems to be more responsive.

We were also happy to see that that the intake holds the pressure of the compounds as well. so far we are happy with the results we are seeing, but will have some more data as we moving into the weekend.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Get rid of the aluminum plugs. go stainless steel. Once you sink those plugs in, and need to take them out? they are going to gall the threads and make a **** house out of the intake.

If you have a mock engine? Try it out. I say try it on a mock engine because when the threads gall there's going to be shaving all over the floor of the intake. Not fun to clean, especially on a engine in a truck.

Go stainless. save yourself the headache. Ask morgan from mid west!!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Get rid of the aluminum plugs. go stainless steel. Once you sink those plugs in, and need to take them out? they are going to gall the threads and make a **** house out of the intake.

If you have a mock engine? Try it out. I say try it on a mock engine because when the threads gall there's going to be shaving all over the floor of the intake. Not fun to clean, especially on a engine in a truck.

Go stainless. save yourself the headache. Ask morgan from mid west!!

Kyle

We actually did go with stainless, the aluminum plugs were just used for the first intake we made that never actually made it to the truck. the second one we made had the stainless plugs, the aluminum ones were just used to seal the holes for power coating.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Kyle

We actually did go with stainless, the aluminum plugs were just used for the first intake we made that never actually made it to the truck. the second one we made had the stainless plugs, the aluminum ones were just used to seal the holes for power coating.

Good deal

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Time for a little update on these,

We have had good luck with the manifold on the red truck, and just put a few out on some trucks for testing. Here are a few pictures, we are making some final adjustments on these, but we are very happy with the results of these so far. Comments were getting back seem to be quicker spooling time, and lower Egts. More information will be available soon!

IMG_5995_zpsf95b0b45.jpg

IMG_6023_zps72efac3a.jpg

IMG_5954_zpsb30c0e86.jpg

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Man, I was hoping I would get picked to test one for ya lol. They look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Man, I was hoping I would get picked to test one for ya lol. They look awesome.

Thanks, we have 4 of these out at the moment, and a pile of ones ready to be made up. Soon as we have some ready, il shoot you a Pm, sure we can work something out on one for ya

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Are you going to do any without the egr provisions?

I have a few that we are working on most of the egr out of, we only started actually messing with this this week, fortunately we have been busy at the shop, so these got side tracked a little. after we get one made up il post up some pictures as well.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Yea it's funny you posted this today because I was going through my messages and found my message to you asking to test it yesterday.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Looking like we will have a few of these in stock ready for powder coat towards the end of the week! PM us for details if your interested.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well these did not last long...I have one more instock ready for your color choice of powder coat!...pm me for details!

we will have another batch coming after the first of the year! Get this one while it lasts.

Latest posts

Members online