tranny sticking in 2cd or 3rd gear

foote350

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is having an issue with their 6.7 sticking in 2cd or 3rd gear when they take off? it seems to only do it when the tranny is cold or just started up and taking off. It damn near threw me into the windshield and its done it 4 or 5 times with 9k miles on it...

12superduty

Reaction score
yea i have a 2012 and it does the same thing im having it tunned in a few days then ill see if it still does it

foote350

Reaction score
let me know I am very intrested I took mine to the worst ford dealer in the world and it didnt pull any codes but im hesitant to let them look at it. they have one in the shop took tranny apart and now it does not have reverse, thats assuring....... not to mention that it will take probably a week to do, im thinking about driving it till it breaks

bcpsd

Reaction score
My worktruck started doing this last week with 8,500 miles. It couldn't find 3rd and wouldn't drop back into 2nd. I pulled over and put it in drive and put it back in gear, then it started shifting right again. A few miles down the road and the wrench light came on. The manual says it means drivetrain failure or problem. Completely stock truck, never towed or hauled anything. I guess I'll take it to Ford tomorrow and see whats wrong.

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
My truck does it until trans gets warm.... Just read somewhere about a computer flash for the trans... Trying to find more info about it.

Latest posts

Members online