Finally talked my old man into buying a real truck

davey99ps

Reaction score
So my old man has been a big bowtie guy pretty much his whole life. Over the years there was a few fords in the family cuz his dad was a Ford guy. Well I found the truck, an damn near bought it myself cuz it was a great price, but decided I like not having truck payments an backed out of the deal. Well after pestering my dad for a few days, he finally caved in an came along with me to check it out.
The truck is a 2011 f350, 4wd, rclb, 6.7. Stickered for 35,900, which I thought was an awesome deal. My dads never had a diesel truck before an wasn't a huge fan of them right up till we took it out for a test drive. He couldn't believe the power, or how nice it rode an drove. After the drive, i could tell he had to have it. After fighting with the salesman for an hr or so he ended up getting a diamond plate toolbox an spray-in bed liner thrown in, an managed to get it all for 32,500 out the door. At this point I was really kicking myself in the a$$ for not buying it myself.
So now I have a few ?s for you guys. What is the recommend oil change intervals an how often do you need to add urea, an how much urea do you add? Is there anything out yet performance wise for these trucks yet? The truck came with black bumpers an grill, so those will be getting color matched, along with ditching the stock steel rims an garbage tires. How big of a tire fits on these things stock, it does have the snow plow prep package. We may do a leveling kit at most, but even that's doubtful cuz my folks are getting old an they don't feel like climbing into a tall truck. Thanks for any tips guy

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Thats great Dave! I work with a few guys on the rig that have new 6.7 and love them.
As for the interval i have no clue max 5000miles As for the urea dont run out. Its the same as running out of diesel so i have heard.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Yea. He's only put 1300mi on it so far, but I told him to keep a jug of the stuff in the toolbox till he figures out how long it lasts

davey99ps

Reaction score
I think I need your Dad to heckle for my 6.7 purchase LOL.

Like I said, after I found out how much he paid I was kicking myself. It's a stripped down model, but still has pw/pl an cloth interior, I mean its really nice truck.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
The message center will start telling you the urea is low 500 miles to empty. No reason to keep it in the truck, plenty of warning. Oil change will probably be good every 5000. You can fit 35's on them stock, leveling kit looks awesome. H&S performance has a tuner out for them, and they make great power! And sound amazing with the dpf deleted. Congrats on the nice truck.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Thanks scottty, I new a msg came on but I wasn't sure how much of a warning it gave. He doesn't really drive the truck on any lonng distant trips, so I guess he doesn't need to carry a bottle with him. It'll prolly take me awhile to talk him into doing a dpf delete with a chip unless there's a decent Mpg gain cuz he already thinks the truck is a hotrod. I was under the impression that the 6.7s don't go up much like the 6.4s do in Mpg. Is there any other mods that will help with Mpg. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it

Mdub707

Reaction score
So the sticker on the truck said $35,900? Every RC/LB 6.7 I've seen up here, even XL versions are closer to $45,900 sticker.

davey99ps

Reaction score
So the sticker on the truck said $35,900? Every RC/LB 6.7 I've seen up here, even XL versions are closer to $45,900 sticker.

The reason it stickered so cheap was every year this dealership takes 1 of the new trucks an puts a plow on it just to do their lot, which isn't very big at all. Normally I would steer clear of an ex plow truck, but the truck had under 500mi on it plus the warranty didn't start till my dad signed the papers. You wouldn't know it had a plow on it by looking at it. After he bought it though, they had an xlt that didn't have any miles on it an they offered it to me for 35,900 as well. After driving my dads truck a few times, it sure is tempting but I hate having a truck payment. I think normally the rc/lb's go for 40-42ish around here

Mdub707

Reaction score
The reason it stickered so cheap was every year this dealership takes 1 of the new trucks an puts a plow on it just to do their lot, which isn't very big at all. Normally I would steer clear of an ex plow truck, but the truck had under 500mi on it plus the warranty didn't start till my dad signed the papers. You wouldn't know it had a plow on it by looking at it. After he bought it though, they had an xlt that didn't have any miles on it an they offered it to me for 35,900 as well. After driving my dads truck a few times, it sure is tempting but I hate having a truck payment. I think normally the rc/lb's go for 40-42ish around here

What they go for and what they sticker for are two different things. Try building one on Ford's website... I've done it more than once. Just a bare bones XL 4x4 with a powerstroke, RC/LB is $39,645 on Ford's website, and that's with not a single other option. The ONLY RC/LB I've seen around here with a powerstroke and 4x4 was an XL and it was $45,xxx.

bigdirty

Reaction score
I am selling my xlt wheels of my 06 they are in good shape, aluminium pm if you are intrestesed low price

Latest posts