Tell Tale Problems?

Bruno2

Reaction score
I have been looking at the new Powerstrokes lately. I am about to get rid of my 06 Cummins HO. I would rather be driving a Ford , but , on the same note I havent had any major problems with the Dodge. Everything seems to be pretty solid. I am skeptical about buying a truck with an engine in it that is a first yr production. I just dont want the problem child motor.

I keep hearing people bragging about Ford doing all the work as far as design and build on this motor. To me that is a negative not a positive. When you hear people talk about diesel motors you hear names like Cat, Detroit, Cummins & International. I dont think Ford is recognized as the go to people to build diesel engines. So this has me a little concerned also.

To make a long story short , I just dont want to have a 6 oh no situation to deal with.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Have you looked into/thought about a 6.4? They seem to have a good track record and deleted and tuned they are solid trucks. Not to mention you will save yourself a good chunk of change getting an 09 or 10.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
As many years as Ford spent fixing Internationals diesel engines id say they got it down pretty well LOL j/k.. But on a side note 2 weeks ago i had my truck at ford for this god awful noise it would make occasionally and while the tech and i were driving around we were talking about the 6.7 vs 6.4 and he said hes hardly had a wrench on the 6.7. Along side of filter changes LOL. He did tell me that i need to look into a DPF delete i was kinda shocked to hear that one

6L strokin

Reaction score
idk what your gonna use the truck for but I will tell you this.... as far as towing goes.... ive never had a truck hooked to a trailer pull as good as the 6.7!!! i hauled 20K with my srw F250 3.31 gears a few weeks ago still bone stock and it pulled it great... flat ground zero issues, mountains i dropped it down to 5th gear and never dropped 1 mph up hills. i couldnt beleive it.... now with it tuned it would probably have pulled it as good as most trucks will pull 8k lbs...

as far as racing goes.... bone stock i could hang with most of the 04-07 cummins around here all with fully built trannies, smarty level 9, inj pump mods, etc up to about 3rd-4th gear, now tuned i can pull on most of em or sit dead even except for the one standard cab will inch away but weighs quite a bit less! which im sure with some custom tuning that would even be a different story...

also, the ONLY thing my truck has been the shop for other than oil changes is for stupid stuff such as had to get a side mirror replaced, satellite module replaced...

Peroni

Reaction score
I keep hearing people bragging about Ford doing all the work as far as design and build on this motor. To me that is a negative not a positive. When you hear people talk about diesel motors you hear names like Cat, Detroit, Cummins & International. I dont think Ford is recognized as the go to people to build diesel engines. So this has me a little concerned also.

Ford has made industrial diesels here in the US and they have a good automotive diesel reputation in Europe. Ford has plenty of experience with their own diesels, this is just the first time we're seeing it here in N. America. I would not be so worried about the 6.7 so far it is proving to be a good engine.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i like the fact knowing that my 2011 was built by ford, who else in the big 3 can say that its truely 100% chevy or dodge from bumper to bumper NO ONE but ford can and to me thats a pretty good feeling to me anyway

Latest posts

Members online