Hot start problem?

Lipka101

Reaction score
I figured out how to start it with the gauges showing and it cranks @ 33% on IPR and 600 on ICP with no start and this was on a cool engine. Do I need to do it on a hot engine to get the correct results? If I cycle the key 2x it will start up every time, acts like it losses fuel pressure while sitting maybe?
That meets the conditions it needs to start. Just for kicks check it when hot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

188slo50

Reaction score
That meets the conditions it needs to start. Just for kicks check it when hot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Will do, what else could be the problem or is it worth getting a air test done on it if the hot results show the same?

bandit6oh

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, I had the same issue and was getting ready to air test mine and I did an oil change switching from rotella to motorcraft 15 w40 and the problem was gone immediately. Any idea what oil is in your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

188slo50

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, I had the same issue and was getting ready to air test mine and I did an oil change switching from rotella to motorcraft 15 w40 and the problem was gone immediately. Any idea what oil is in your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotella now but has done it since I bought it, not sure what was init when I got it but I'm sure it was cheap cause they didn't use for filters either.

188slo50

Reaction score
Seems to be like I'm losing fuel pressure cause if I cycle the key 2x it fires right up

ghohouston

Reaction score
You claimed good fuel pressure on the first post, but it is possible to not have good volume... or your fuel pressure gauge could be faulty as well. Anything is possible

bismic

Reaction score
I would google the 6.0L bubble test and see if you had an injector leaking combustion gas back into the fuel system.

188slo50

Reaction score
You claimed good fuel pressure on the first post, but it is possible to not have good volume... or your fuel pressure gauge could be faulty as well. Anything is possible
The CTS is my gauge I don't have any others, from what many have told it'd be a waste of money to add another one.

I would google the 6.0L bubble test and see if you had an injector leaking combustion gas back into the fuel system.

I'll check it out

Latest posts

Members online