Multiple problems after cab removal

046.ohBills

Reaction score
As the title states I am having some trouble with my pickup after the cab came off for some motor work. My reverse lights stay on, fuel low and fuel low light come on (full tank of fuel), and parking aid doesn't work. Reverse lights come on when I unlock the truck and when I lock it up they go out. I have checked all fuses and relays and shot wires for the reverse lights. I'm guessing I have a short somewhere but I am not sure where to look. Any help is greatly appreciated.

95GTSpeedDemon

Reaction score
Check the wiring from the harness that runs along the frame to the cab, probably got pinched.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

046.ohBills

Reaction score
shot the wires for the reverse lights. ground to wire checked open- wire to wire shot open- continuity is good. from the connector in the engine compartment to the reverse light. all shoots well. reverse lights dont come on when the connector in the engine compartment to them is disconnected. they will come on when connected and the truck gets unlocked.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
shot the wires for the reverse lights. ground to wire checked open- wire to wire shot open- continuity is good. from the connector in the engine compartment to the reverse light. all shoots well. reverse lights dont come on when the connector in the engine compartment to them is disconnected. they will come on when connected and the truck gets unlocked.
Check the trailer plug. I smashed one once and shortly after when I was driving the back up cam would turn on and the back up lights would illuminate they would go out when I hit a bump and come back on when I hit another.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
So I figured the problem out. I went on a wire shooting spree and started recording all my findings and every single wire shot as it should. I even went so far as to open up the harness that connects to the PCM and runs down along the frame rails. Upon reconnecting everything I noticed something funny. When ford reinstalled my cab they mixed up the connections. once everything was reconnected as it should everything works on my truck the way it did before it went to the ford dealership.

Latest posts

Members online