start then die

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Thats what makes me think injectors or even hpfp maybe.

To test the hpfp
If he has a good scanner he can open the volume control valve in the actuation settings and command the valves inside the pump itself to prime itself..
KOEO cycle 3 times to prime the pump, command it to close (volume control valve)
Command the pressure control valve open and it will draw in the fuel from the VCV
Command that to normal state.
Fire it up hit the gas and it should stay running
I rebuilt my engine
Had air keeping it from running for 2 days straight.
Maybe one of those valves is stuck open, allowing for return.

Ps the engine running backwards gag was more of a funny comment. On an open forum where anyone can say ANYTHING THEYD LIKE.
It was a joke
To get you to Fn laugh and not be so stressed about a crap truck you can’t figure out.
Didnt think you’d take me seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
V86DNao.jpg

Removed module and vac/PSI tested. Passed. Took it apart and didn't find anything damning but ordered new anyway

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Makes sense, glad you seem to have found it. Are they factory filters or some sort of after market? Maybe the o ring isnt sealing in the bottom really good?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I only put in racor. Cap is secure. Should be up and running again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully fixed

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah that crazy man, kinda went with my theory of a drain back issue, cant say ive ever seen a pump do that. Seen a few have issues with suction lines sucking air, but never one like this...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It very well could have been draining back. The flapper on inside of the module was ok when I took it apart. We'll see.

This truck goes into the learning category LOL

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Lol, yeah. Youre not flat rate are ya? That gets expensive learning on flat rate, for some reason, the bank doesnt take "im learning on a truck right now" as payment. Lol

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lol, yeah. Youre not flat rate are ya? That gets expensive learning on flat rate, for some reason, the bank doesnt take "im learning on a truck right now" as payment. Lol

You should have been around when I did my first 6.4 fuel system. I burned through 2 complete sets of fuel systems. Pumps, injectors, rails, lines, everything.

Turned out the injectors we we're getting we're putting compression right back into system erroding the pumps in minutes....:pimp:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Throttle pedal fixed it

Need to monitor more than just APP % and volts. I started logging a position PID and anytime the truck would act up the pedal would be in PT, part throttle mode. I had to pull the pedal out in order to reach CT, closed throttle. Anytime CT was shown engine started fine...

This pedal would make a damn good learning device for a noob

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sorry maybe I should have been more clear

Throttle pedal fixed it

Latest posts

Members online