Popping in front end

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a popping issue thats coming from the front end driver side are when Im taking turns to the left generally around 30 mph.
I have changed my sway bar links (because they were shot and thought they could be it) and it didnt help the issue.

I think it could be possibly a track bar or drag link but im not sure how to tell if they are bad. the track is tight no movement on it but the drag link has a little play in it. rotational play not horizontal or vertical.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Truck is an 04 with leaf springs. thanks for any and all help you can provide

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Have you put the new shocks in yet? Seen quite a few where the lower bushing blew out and made noises.

Best way i have found is to open the door and have someone rock the truck using it, get underneath and look for moving stuff that shouldnt.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Right on I will definitely try that thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking of replacing the shocks because they look like originals cant be too sure because someone spray painted them.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Had similar popping noise on my 04, replaced sway bar bushings and end links but that didn't help. Shock bushing were gone, replaced with Bilstein 5100's and no more noise.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Leaf spring bushings I'd say. Even after changing mine 2 years later I get a sharp pop when turning either way. You should see red rust dust around a bad one

046.ohBills

Reaction score
okay thanks for the advice i haven't been able to dig into it its been raining like no ones business down here and flying is keeping me busy. hopefully this weekend i can get into it.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Well on another thread I put up asking for shocks suggestions I ended up going with Fox with the reservoir for my truck and the popping went away thanks to everyone who posted to help me out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.