2020 revealed

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Don’t forget about trade in/resale value either here. What’s that 6.2 worth with 100-150k miles on it compared to the same truck in a diesel? Yeah you spend more, but you also get more for it when your done, and you don’t dread pulling with it...

I have 20k miles on my 6.2 in 2 years and it's worth about half of the MSRP, the diesel books about 10k higher.

Would I be able to get the book value on the gas? Maybe. Would I get the book value on the diesel? Probably.

Blackdawg

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the new grills. No personality and reminds me of a mid-level F150. Maybe better in person but I like the current grill a lot more. 10 speed is intriguing. Will be interesting to see how it all performs.

RSK

Reaction score
I like the new front ends, might end up ordering another 6.7. I’d prefer to get a 19 but if i’m not ready by then i’ll order a 20 f450 lariat

superpsd

Reaction score
Ive read the 6.7 is getting refreshed in many areas...

The updated 2020 Power Stroke includes a new 36,000-psi fuel injection system with all-new injectors that Super Duty Chief Engineer Mike Pruitt says more precisely meter and spray up to eight times per stroke to control noise levels and optimize combustion. The engine features a redesigned electronic-actuated variable-geometry turbocharger for improved pumping efficiency and throttle response. Worth noting is that Ford used a new turbo, new injector nozzles and exhaust improvements to squeeze out 40 more horsepower and 80 more lb. ft. of torque for the 2015 model year, achieving power output of 440 hp / 860 lb. ft. torque. Pruitt says structural enhancements for the 2020 engine increase the strength of the cylinder head, block, connecting rods and bearings to handle the higher cylinder pressure and increased output. New steel pistons provide higher firing pressure capability and less friction for added performance, more horsepower and torque.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
What kind of benefits do you think we will see by ford switching to steel pistons?

Black AOD

Reaction score
As much as I want a 2020 or newer, I'm about 95% sure you'll never be able to dleet one. Which will probably turn me off of them.

EPA

Reaction score
The EPA has been up to trouble for a long time now. Its nothing new what they are doing and they are not anymore or less serious then they have been for years now... As long as there is a market people will try to cash out... ******s are not going anywhere... A few people got hit okay... Thats not going to stop anything... Just a minor speed bump for a rolling truck on 44s.... Anything EPA does is public record... Go through and look at all they have done in the last 20 years... And look at the markets they hit... All they do is push the breaks for a second.

superpsd

Reaction score
If theres a will then there will be a way. There may be a future of stand alone pcms when it gets to the point they are uncrackable.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
The EPA has been up to trouble for a long time now. Its nothing new what they are doing and they are not anymore or less serious then they have been for years now... As long as there is a market people will try to cash out... ******s are not going anywhere... A few people got hit okay... Thats not going to stop anything... Just a minor speed bump for a rolling truck on 44s.... Anything EPA does is public record... Go through and look at all they have done in the last 20 years... And look at the markets they hit... All they do is push the breaks for a second.

you, my friend, are sadly misinformed.

EPA

Reaction score
How so?
If you calling out the public record thing sure... There are some FOIA exemptions... But there is still enough there to get the general picture. Already Trump is pushing to change emissions regulations... He is making them take a step back... It all who is in office trying to fill whatever quota.... In 1999 the EPA had more funding and employees then it does now... Sure standards are higher now and more laws favor them.. But like I said Trump is pushing his agenda and the EPA/leftys are not happy... Just a mad cycle. Heck remember old v8s some made 400+ hp stock.. Then a push happened... Those same v8s now made 140hp haha... End of the hot rod world.... Not....
Global warming..... Not. Just a cycle. Sure they have changed things in industries but such and it shows in the car world... But this is a consumer market so its a bit different then setting standards on factories/production... Hot rod days are not over yet haha..

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
How so?
If you calling out the public record thing sure... There are some FOIA exemptions... But there is still enough there to get the general picture. Already Trump is pushing to change emissions regulations... He is making them take a step back... It all who is in office trying to fill whatever quota.... In 1999 the EPA had more funding and employees then it does now... Sure standards are higher now.. But like I said Trump is pushing his agenda... Just a mad cycle. Heck remember old v8s some made 400+ hp stock.. Then a push happened... Those same v8s now made 140hp haha... End of the hot rod world.... Not....
Global warming..... Not. Just a cycle. Sure they have changed things in industries but such and it shows in the car world... But this is a consumer market so its a bit different then setting standards on factories/production... Hot rod days are not over yet haha..

couldnt care less about what is public record. If you had any idea of what is going on behind the scenes you would realize that chits about to get real. .

EPA

Reaction score
Well... care to chime us in??
I'm not close minded at all... Even in politics I'm on no ones side and understand pros and cons to both sides...
I would be happy to get your insite.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ron isn't going into detail for the same reason I'm not. A very large U.S. Government environmental agency is about to f*ck sh*t up for real, FOR ALL of us. Not just Ford guys, ALL diesel guys. And the less written stuff about this on the internet for all the world to reference or read, the better. I'll keep it at that.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Okay.... My foil cap is on.
Well, its happening every day out here. I got popped with a no *** ticket by a state dec officer on the side of the road. Didn't even pull me into a epa certified check station. Just profiled my truck and pulled me over. So if that is allowed then it wont take long and all states will do the same thing. There is only one loophole for me to possibly get it dropped and that is the fact that they supposedly cant give me a ticket on the side of the road like that. Supposedly, they technically have to do a full heavy duty diesel truck inspection at a epa certified inspection station that includes smoke and opacity testing. Not just sound and visual like he did. But its a crap shoot cuz it is a federal law that it isnt supposed to be removed.

I wonder if anyone has done tuning on the 6.7s that would pass emissions with dee reets? Lol

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online