IDM,PCM Failure?

JDelaney

Reaction score
Did you check the PCM fuse? That'll cause a crank no fire condition.

Your dealership should be able to get connectors for you. If they can't try Napa or Rock Auto.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ yeah, there's a power loss somewhere. The GPs may not be lit (13.2V is a no load voltage), no crank signal, no PW, an ICP connector code, etc.. Do you have a WTS light?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Dammit this is crazy! I put the new cps in and now I have 0340 code which I didn't have before. Put new wire connects on icp and ipr. Tin nut looks good.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I just talked to the dealership and they don't show anything for the connector for icp or the ipr. Where could I get one?

Icp connector basic part number is 12224, i believe it is a 5c3z-12224-a, not positive on that though.

Ipr is the same as injector connector, i believe it is available separate, but dont know the part number offhand. They have a book of pigtails, ask to look at it, or contact sunrise on here, they seem to be very helpful.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Icp number 5C3Z12224A

Ipr number 6E7Z12A690DA

For crummy sake htf do some dealers stay in business. Most places don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Where is the cps from?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I'm fixing to go down to the garage and troubleshoot the cps,fuel pump circuit and for circuit to see if the pcm is shot. At this point I'm guessing it's culprit. I should've picked up a couple diodes today just didn't think of it. A jumper should be fine to try and start but if there is a problem I suppose it could cause more damage.what else could cause no rpms while cranking besides the cps?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Check the cps pigtail pins. Mine got spread out due to not re installing the little wire loom bracket that held it tight to the engine. Truck sometimes wouldn't start, and would buck like crazy

Dirtclod

Reaction score
:fustrate:Yes cps is in and pins are ok. Icp duty cycle .14 no rpm,icp 643 while cranking. Battery voltage 13.52 before starting drops to 10.45 while cranking and engine does seem to be turning fast enough. It doesn't sound normal but not sure if the new turbo and upipes may sound different. Definitely the injectors are not being told to fire off. Lpo gauge registers after few seconds of cranking. Codes 01113,0475,0232,0340. Clear codes and I hear a click in the engine compartment on psg side. 🤔

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Clear codes key off 0113,0475,0232 is still there. Haven't tried starting again. I think I'll swap out cps and see what happens.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would not worry about any of those codes right now. Figure out the no rpm signal, then go from there. P0113 is iat sensor, more than likely not plugged in, its in the air box. P0475 is for the exhaust butterfly, and p0232 is for the fuel pump, if you have an aftermarket one, it may set the code.

However, these can all be caused by rodent damage, may start by looking at the harness where it passes thru the firewall for damage. I have always gone by the thought of its never the pcm. Whenever i have thought its the pcm, i typically spend another several hours making damn sure i didnt miss something. Rarely is it ever the pcm... Typically it is some sort of damage to the wiring.

Ohm testing works, however, do not use that as a sole indicator that the wire is good. It can pass a continuity check, but not be able to carry any current. Load testing is a much better option. Hook up a headlamp bulb and ground the wire, send voltage down the wire, and measure the voltage drop across the light bulb. It should he equal to battery voltage. If there is any more than a .5v difference, there is hi resistance in the wire.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yea my heater is ******d,ebpv ******d,no fuel heater either since I have reg return. Fuel pump is stock and original as far as I know. Checked gpr just to see if the pcm is operating the ground and it is. I changed out a relay under the dash. It's s blue Ford relay bigger than the rest of them on the truck. Would a diode under the hood fuse panel cause no rpms?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
All wires are fine no rats nest. I wouldn't think the pcm would be bad just because this issue started out because of faulty wiring harness to injectors inside the valve covers and alternator wire shorting to alternator housing. Fuses blown and replaced and cranked fine and ran fine but next morning no start. All wires from idm 2.9 ohms open between ground and hot supply and open from shield. Should there be voltage to the injectors from idm with koeo? I would think not since it senses rpms to fire injectors. There's no smell,smoke while cranking. Alternator plug is missing clip though. With voltage upon battery would this be an issue?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I feel like a failure here guys! Going to throw in the towel and get it to my mechanic. Throw some tires on the s10 and wait for him to get on it. I really wish I could've found it and fixed it but hey,I gave it 100. Thanks for the help on this one and when it's resolved I'll post up on this thread and give the outcome for those that might encounter this like problem.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I feel like a failure here guys! Going to throw in the towel and get it to my mechanic. Throw some tires on the s10 and wait for him to get on it. I really wish I could've found it and fixed it but hey,I gave it 100. Thanks for the help on this one and when it's resolved I'll post up on this thread and give the outcome for those that might encounter this like problem.
That sucks. But gotta do what ya gotta do.

live life full throttle

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well I finally got my truck back today. The mechanic is a one man shop and he stays swamped with work. Anyways it was the IDM relay that was bad. And the reason it wasn’t reading rpm’s was, there was a couple of pins on pcm that was bent. Some way I guess when I was putting back in it must’ve got crossed up. I had a guy help me and he hasn’t done a lot of that stuff. But anyways it’s not making any boost. There’s also a ticking sound like exhaust leak. So I’m thinking the uppipes might not not be connected right on the back of the turbo. I’ll have dig into it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online