door ajar light

Mdub707

Reaction score
Open door, spray liberal amounts of WD40 on the latch on the door itself. Close and open door 10x. Problem fixed.

Quite common on Ferds. Had this happen on every Ford truck I've owned now.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
okay, will try it... I also put a different door on the rear passenger side, it seems like the auto lock solenoid is stuck, it wont work with the fob, nor when I hit the lock/unlock button inside the truck.......

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
It really sounds like a trip back to the body shop is in order. If they changed the door, an inoperative lock is likely on them. Unless you were having issues with it before the work, that is.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ok yeah I was unaware you had a door swapped... try what I said first though, if that doesn't fix the door ajar light, then look harder at that door.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i would take it back too, just cause they swapped it, worse case they say they won't do anything for you then go from there. But a good shop should look into it

Mdub707

Reaction score
Did I miss something? When did he say he took it to a body shop? I'm not sure he can take something back that he did himself... his post says "HE" put a new door on... or did I miss something here?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
just picked my truck up fromt the body shop and the door ajar light will not go out.... kind of annoying. any ideas what could be going on?

Did I miss something? When did he say he took it to a body shop? I'm not sure he can take something back that he did himself... his post says "HE" put a new door on... or did I miss something here?
:poke:

Latest posts

Members online