Is the fluidamper worth it?

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Yes, I also told the tuners not to worry about idle because it's not a daily driven truck. They both said they could get it to idle normal if they spent more time on it for a daily driven truck.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Yes, I also told the tuners not to worry about idle because it's not a daily driven truck. They both said they could get it to idle normal if they spent more time on it for a daily driven truck.

I think my 300/200's are so rough mainly because of the tune. Most mail order tunes are sent out in the fashion of "burn em, ship em".

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I can't say much for when I had 300/200s on the idle. My truck has always had a rough idle, my 300s weren't to bad tho. I miss the idle and drivability of my 180/100s back in the day. Smooth as stock and didn't have to worry about grenading everything.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
I recently installed the SD Fluidampr 720211 on my OBS. Is it worth it? YES!!!!! I would use ATI for a gas engine, but for a diesel application I think Fluidampr is the way to go.

Swaan

Reaction score
There's a reason all class 8 trucks have fluid dampers on them. Cummins, cat , Detroit diesel. All use vibratech dampers. ( fluiddamper). A diesel with the high compresion ratios and double the torque output of a gas engine has a lot higher crank loads , requiring the use of a viscous style damper.
I know ati makes dampers for a diesel but I would keep that for the gassers. Just my opinion.

GreenF350

Reaction score
I'll go against the grain and say I noticed absolutely zero difference when I installed my Fluidamper. I hope that it is good for my truck to have it installed, but I put it on and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't feel or notice a difference. I still have it though and it has been on for probably close to 100k miles, I'd have to check my records to be sure. No issues with it though and as long as it is doing what it's supposed to I am happy with it.
-Aaron

On edit....just to be clear before someone misunderstands, I'm not saying they aren't worth it or they don't do anything. I'm just saying I was unable to tell a difference between a stocker and the Fluidamper.

Layson

Reaction score
All I noticed was the truck was a little quieter. I immediately noticed it, but then after the next time I started it I had already forgotten and it is still loud...LOL Other than that I didn't notice anything.

Are there any issues with the ATI and the serpentine belt? Wasn't there an issue with that at one point? You needed a different length belt or something?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a balanced rotating assembly so I have no clue on how well it works over stock.. it was added when it was rebuilt.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online