BD release of tap shifter for 6.0

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So, to wake up a dead thread, how are you guys liking this now that its been a while?

Jeremy

Reaction score
I'm waiting for an module update, they need some more fine tuning. Issues have came up after more long term use. It still functions and like I said earlier its nice if you want it once and while for towing to hold a gear or engage the exhaust brake, and then turn it off. But repeated use like manually shifting it up and down over and over, this isnt the right set up for you. We'll have to see what the update brings. This is what I've run into with it, maybe someone else chime in and report their results.

I still like it, but wish I could use it on going if I wanted to.

Jeremy

Reaction score
No still waiting for the module update from them. I still use it, from time to time while towing. I've decided I like manual mode 7 the best. That way I can hold a gear and let the truck pull without downshifting itself, if it pulls the engine to far down I can unlock the TC manually gain the rpm with an unlocked TC or shift it down a gear. In manual mode 7, I can control if and when I want the TC to lockup, that part is really nice. I works as it is but could be better for the reasons noted above.

79OldBone

Reaction score
Anymore updates yet? Been thinking about getting one so I have control over getting out of OD pulling hills when towing.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Anymore updates yet? Been thinking about getting one so I have control over getting out of OD pulling hills when towing.

If you simply want to get out of OD when towing... then get a custom tune that makes the tow/haul button lock out OD just like the 7.3 trucks did. Then you will have 100% control over your OD engagement.

Only thing is you will have to turn the tow/haul button OFF every time you want it to go into OD. But it is well worth having the control over OD

79OldBone

Reaction score
Yeah,

Nathan at windrunner said he could do that for me, but I do miss having control over the gears like my Duramax. So I may give it a shot.

Jeremy

Reaction score
No more updates. I think BD has moved on, and left it as it is.

I still like it, but its far from perfect as noted in the above posts.

sootie

Reaction score
No it isn’t a tune. Think of it as a way to manually shift the transmission. No experience with one but sounds like most use it to lock out over drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a wire-in module, with its own transmission "tuning", or strategy alterations. Most use them for manually controlling shift points with tire sizes that dont match their gearing or attempting to drive large single turbos.

Latest posts

Members online