No WMO users here?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah, it can/has been done.
Just stating the fact that mechanical engines are better with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ummm, no they arent. Theres literally zero reason thats true.

Fleece runs wmo through his daily driver cr truck. Any diesel is fine on oil.

Its fair to say that I missed out on buying fuel for a year. Maybe longer assuming an average mix of 50% over two years. Experiment started on 225k mile stock injectors. I used oil from known good engines. Filtered several times down to 2 mics. Engine oil is filtered less when its lubricating an engine.

Water? Not worried. If diesel isnt laden with water theres no reason oil is. And theres no reason the pre and post pump filters wouldnt catch it just as they do in fuel.

Anyway. Two years. No issues.

psduser1

Reaction score
That is exactly what I've done in my 12v. Mixed up to 15% WMO in with #2 and ran it that way all the time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's reassuring! I've got eight or nine engines to run it through, in varying configurations.
Ten percent on the fuel cost, after paying for the equiptment-centrifuge, basically-would be substantial.
Filters cost me next to nothing, and I may know a couple pipefitter on that part of it!:toast:

79jasper

Reaction score
It all depends on what you put into filtering it.
If you have the right setup and put the money into it, you could run it in any engine.
But you wouldn't dare run what most pre-common rail cummins and idi guys run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Not interested in a $100 back yard setup, lol.
It would need to work in 7.3/cat engines, a couple mechanicals, and jd injectors of various design, so, I'll spend the money to get it clean.
I know a guy that could test it for me!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I had redundant filters...and it was way more than $100 to get it to the point it was when i dumped it in. I wasnt too worried. Peoole reading this think im nuts but the oil was only slightly darker than virgin oil after filtering and before i ever ran my first batch i took it to sapps and they did analysis on it in site. It was clean.

For what you're doing you need a 1k gal heated hold and a centrifuge that will constantly feed itself dirty petro to process. When i did it i had 800 gal of oil sitting used. Diesel was $4.69 gal. Do the math lol. Now its so cheap you couldnt pay me to go home and piss with it lol

cbf9703

Reaction score
I've looked at setting up a good filtration system and spent quite a bit of time bouncing some ideas off a guy that runs all the maintenance vehicles for one of the private universities around on WVO, WMO, and biodiesel that he makes.

I'll willingly admit that I haven't run WMO the "right" way. I have literally drained the oil into a 5 gallon bucket out of the truck and then poured it right back in the tank as long as I had over half a tank of fuel and ran it on more occasions than I should admit in this thread... :lookaround: yes, I've been that person. It's always been the 12v for me, but I've watched some friends do the same in PSDs. :shrug: we can't all be the sharpest tools in the shed.... Then again, injectors were a non-issue so I think they had a ***k it attitude.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've looked at setting up a good filtration system and spent quite a bit of time bouncing some ideas off a guy that runs all the maintenance vehicles for one of the private universities around on WVO, WMO, and biodiesel that he makes.

I'll willingly admit that I haven't run WMO the "right" way. I have literally drained the oil into a 5 gallon bucket out of the truck and then poured it right back in the tank as long as I had over half a tank of fuel and ran it on more occasions than I should admit in this thread... :lookaround: yes, I've been that person. It's always been the 12v for me, but I've watched some friends do the same in PSDs. :shrug: we can't all be the sharpest tools in the shed.... Then again, injectors were a non-issue so I think they had a ***k it attitude.

I wouldnt care in that situatiin either. Hump it dump it and pump it....

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I ran WMO for almost 7,000 miles in my old 7.3 Powerstroke.
I heated the oil up, ran it through a centrifuge, and then a 2 micron sock filter.

I never stuck with it long enough to see the economic benefit.

Never had troubles clogging anything up, but always seemed to have heavy smoke at idle, like TyCorr stated in one of his earlier posts.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I ran WMO for almost 7,000 miles in my old 7.3 Powerstroke.
I heated the oil up, ran it through a centrifuge, and then a 2 micron sock filter.

I never stuck with it long enough to see the economic benefit.

Never had troubles clogging anything up, but always seemed to have heavy smoke at idle, like TyCorr stated in one of his earlier posts.

Yes, it idles like a gasser with bad rings. Smokes. But any egts 500 or above and it goes away.

I found this thread as I wondered what happened to it after finding and selling my filtration kit this past week to a guy who plans to run in a 6.2 gm.

He bothered me enough to get me to look into my logs from 2010 and 2011. It appears in 2010 and 2011 i ran it straight(presumably) in the summer months and i had notes about ambient temps. Im assuming those hot summer months where it stayed above 90 i assumed the oil was staying thin enough to be ok. The way my fuel system is ran i dont have to worry about fuel being too cold. Unless its 10 degrees out, my tank is warm to the touch.

Latest posts

Members online