E-fuel problem

flynhawn50

Reaction score
I installed one of the kits mark fugazzotto makes. Basically pre and post filters with the stock SD pump, the the regulator block.
Anyways was working fine for about 10 miles, then keeps pulling air. I can fill both filters, then it'll run for a bit, then repeat. When I pull the pre-pump filter, it'll be basically empty. All fittings are tight.
Running the factory selector valve. Had no problems previous to the E-fuel.
What I'm sorta wandering is, I don't have the in tank strainers anymore. They broke off so I replaced them with hose with tees at the bottom so it won't suck to the tank. Now could not having the strainers cause it suck up the foamy return fuel, therefore not drawing enough fuel to keep the filters full? Or am I way off?
Tomorrow I'm going to pull the outlet line off and see if it'll just pump into a bucket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I can give YouTube links to the fuel system if needed.
I just installed efuel mark fugazotto and having same problem will run for 10 minutes at idle then die. If i try to drive truck it will die out with no gas coming from schrader valve. Filters are filled top then i have to pull gas up through inlet fitting on fuel block connect everything up it will start up run for a few minutes thensame thing all over again.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Well.... originally I had it hooked up bassackwards.
I was trying to feed the return line. Also may have been flowing through the filters backwards.
His instructions show mounting to the inside of the frame rail, I had to mount outboard. So everything had to be flip flopped a couple times.
Then after fixing that, a few of my quick disconnects were leaking. I had to replace the orings in them. (Won't do that again, just buy new fittings)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
My Mom calls all pedals on the floor foot feet, makes me laugh every time she says it. I would call it the accelerator pedal.

superpsd

Reaction score
Weeeeeee pedal and brake will be the whoooaaa pedal. Technically the 7.3 has a pedal that actuates a TPS (throttle position switch). The analog signal is fed to the pcm. The PCM has a A/D convertor (analog/digital) so the pcm processor can make fueling calculations based on the calibration parameters.

Latest posts

Members online