Who daily drives 300/200s

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score
I do as well. I travel the country for work and have been running 300/200s and a billet S471 for about 40k. No issues just a little smoky sometimes

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score
I would also advise to go ahead and do studs at the least because I didn’t and blew both head gaskets with “conservative tunes “ so I ended up having to pull the heads . On a side note it was easier to instill valve springs on my work bench lol

campbellflage

Reaction score
I would also advise to go ahead and do studs at the least because I didn’t and blew both head gaskets with “conservative tunes “ so I ended up having to pull the heads . On a side note it was easier to instill valve springs on my work bench lol

Planning on studs for sure. Any reason you went so big on the turbo?

campbellflage

Reaction score
Big brown truck dropped off a gen3 hpop... thinking about running my bypass oil return to the fill on the gen3. Hoping it flows enough to top it off

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Big brown truck dropped off a gen3 hpop... thinking about running my bypass oil return to the fill on the gen3. Hoping it flows enough to top it off
I don't think that would be enough volume to feed it.. the orifice for the bypass filter head is tiny. Not full flow if a true bypass oil filtration setup..

live life full throttle

campbellflage

Reaction score
I don't think that would be enough volume to feed it.. the orifice for the bypass filter head is tiny. Not full flow if a true bypass oil filtration setup..

live life full throttle

It's an fs2500, the flow coming outta that thing is crazy, I have it plumbed to the oil fill cap now, when I open it it's like a hose coming outta there. Hate to loose the bypass setup altogether....

superpsd

Reaction score

The tunes don't sound that conservative if you blew the head gaskets. Probably too much SOI advance.

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score
The tunes don't sound that conservative if you blew the head gaskets. Probably too much SOI advance.

Yea that was my verdict. I’m going to pull the engine this summer to freshen the motor up and I will go back with fire rings because even with studs I’m afraid 60 psi is going to do them in again

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score
Planning on studs for sure. Any reason you went so big on the turbo?

I’m running 3/2s with a forced induction S471 baby gangster 6x6 billet compressor 83mm turbine.90 turbine housing. I love the bigger s400s . They are a lot more robust than the s300s (which I have popped once or twice) and mine lights around 1800 rpm which isn’t much different than the 38 I ran years ago. You can definitely black out the sun but that’s going to happen if you don’t have good tuning regardless what turbo you have with 3/2s . My opinion if you are going as big as 3/2s they need a lot air and a robust charger to be efficient if you don’t want a big charger get smaller sticks .

Oh and when she lights you better be paying attention because it will get away from you

Last edited:

campbellflage

Reaction score
I’m running 3/2s with a forced induction S471 baby gangster 6x6 billet compressor 83mm turbine.90 turbine housing. I love the bigger s400s . They are a lot more robust than the s300s (which I have popped once or twice) and mine lights around 1800 rpm which isn’t much different than the 38 I ran years ago. You can definitely black out the sun but that’s going to happen if you don’t have good tuning regardless what turbo you have with 3/2s . My opinion if you are going as big as 3/2s they need a lot air and a robust charger to be efficient if you don’t want a big charger get smaller sticks .

Oh and when she lights you better be paying attention because it will get away from you

You daily with it? Still havent ordered studs, springs and turbo yet. On the fence with 467 or 471

Short Bus

Reaction score
i wouldnt be scared to daily with 300/200's with good tuning and the right charger. I really liked the s468 or maybe it was a 467 (cant remember been too long ago) fmw i ran at one time.

biggdirty7.3

Reaction score
You daily with it? Still havent ordered studs, springs and turbo yet. On the fence with 467 or 471

Yes it’s a dd. I chose the S471 from Forced Inductions because they designe there own ETR Billet compressors and also the highest hp 7.3 builder/owner Brian Jelich uses FI so why not

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
Yes it’s a dd. I chose the S471 from Forced Inductions because they designe there own ETR Billet compressors and also the highest hp 7.3 builder/owner Brian Jelich uses FI so why not

And is he the highest hp 7.3? I know he was.... Zack Pierce had 4 digit rwhp numbers ON FUEL

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Zack had 4 digit horse power but never put it on a dyno. The horsepower was always calculated through track times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk