Died while driving, major oil leak

asapshran

Reaction score
Alright guys new to the forum. Have posted elsewhere but nobody can seem to help me out. 03 f350 6.0, I pulled on to the road a few days ago and started to get on the throttle to get up to speed like normal, when the RPMs started to climb I heard kind of a pop and the truck died immediately. Pulled ft to the side of the road and noticed a pretty good amount of oil spewing under the truck. got it towed home and started looking. The source seems to be the rear of the drivers side head area. Originally thinking IPC ruptured and still haven't completely ruled that out but it just doesn't seem like that's where it's coming from. Pulled ficm to try and get a better view but didn't help much, it's like it's on the rear outside corner of the head. From underneath I can see oil on the exhaust manifold and dripping down. I'll post a few pics. Sorry I wrote an essay but I just want to pinpoint this before I throw money at it.

asapshran

Reaction score
Here's some pics

Attachments

• IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 45

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Pictures are small as ****. Try pulling the turbo to see if you get a better view of the icp. That seems most likely, unless its the turbo oil feed line or something.

Truck crank fine?

046.ohBills

Reaction score
ICP,IPR maybe under the valve cover with the pop could have been the line from the stand pipe to branch tube but better pics would help

asapshran

Reaction score
Yeah I took em with my phone, no idea how to make em any bigger. I'll pull the turbo and look. Cranks fine just no start. Not sure if it helps any but injec pressure when cranking is ~350, "ICP" (must be IPR?) duty cycle is 14% cranking. Just readings from SCT x4 that just happened to come in the day after the truck went down, gotta love it.

Latest posts

Members online