Looking at a 2010 F450

pjcf250

Reaction score
We have 2 in the family (my Dad and I). Bought both trucks needing motors. I do all my own work and rebuilt both engines from the ground up myself. And I assume the risk of failures and can afford to have both down for a while when I fix them.

Although I love how they run, haul loads, etc. I wouldn't buy one if I wasn't capable of doing all of my own work. As others have said, it's not if something happens... It's when! And it's usually not a simple cheap fix.

Yes people do have success with them and don't have many problems, but it's very few and far between. Lower mileage and meticulous maintenance is ideal. But not for that price range.

His is meticulously maintained. He even sends oil samples to a lab after oil changes. I’ve know the seller for a long time. Super anal. But I will take the advice from everyone and look for a 6.7
It just sucks because visually the truck is what I want. I love the look, the wheels, color, etc.
but durability is important and this truck doesn’t seem like it’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjcf250

Reaction score
I do have a question if anyone is still following along. And I totally appreciate the input but I gotta ask.
I still have a few weeks before his new truck comes in and I can think about this truck. Can it be “bulletproofed”? Can someone take care of the potential issues before they happen?

sootie

Reaction score
I do have a question if anyone is still following along. And I totally appreciate the input but I gotta ask.
I still have a few weeks before his new truck comes in and I can think about this truck. Can it be “bulletproofed”? Can someone take care of the potential issues before they happen?

No.

Latest posts

Members online