2016 6.7 injector noise?

NHRMK

Reaction score
Im lucky and haven't had the typewritter tick so far, but this from what I hear sounds like an injector. When I start up and go to drive off I can hear a really quick chatter that goes away, sometimes it bucks and acts like it has no power when in 5th or 6th gear going 40-50 mph, then when you give it more throttle it gives a very firm hard shift to 5th from 6th gear . Still wont throw a code and they don't seem to know what to do with no codes. Ford hotline mentioned and injector but the tech played with them on the laptop and no issues showed on the print out so they moved on to the next job.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
You filling up at the same diesel station every time? The video really doesn't help for reference of noise but I do know these trucks are pretty sensitive to ****ty quality fuel. Have you tried using the Ford cetane booster? **** fuel will cause excessive regens too...

NMSVT

Reaction score
Any update on this? Mine is a 2013 but I have a chatter/ticking noise when I get on it. I’m now thinking it’s an injector or injectors. I’ll try and post a video of the noise mine makes. At idle normal. When I I give it throttle you can hear it and then after some boost kicks in it’s gone..

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Any update on this? Mine is a 2013 but I have a chatter/ticking noise when I get on it. I’m now thinking it’s an injector or injectors. I’ll try and post a video of the noise mine makes. At idle normal. When I I give it throttle you can hear it and then after some boost kicks in it’s gone..

Are you deeleted? With advancing the timing tables and low cetane diesel, you will get some chatter for sure. Try and run some ford cetane booster in the tank and see if it changes...