04 with P2285 and surges at idle

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
the truck has the code P2285 and in drive at idle at a stop it will want to rev up like the accelerator was touched. what are the chances that its just the ICP sensor?

Garrett

william_04_x

Reaction score
Chances are very good that it's only your ICP sensor. The surging and code are the typical symptoms. If it's an early 04 with the sensor under the turbo, change out the sensor pigtail also.

Here's a little info on changing an early one.

Click

Last edited:

nsty 6oh

Reaction score
Mine did the same exact thing. Replaced the ICP sensor, didnt do the pigtail. Problem is gone. Mine is an 06 so it took all of 2 mins to replace mine.

strokin6L

Reaction score
just replaced an ICP on my cousins truck last week with the P2285 ICP code. Replaced with new ICP and all is good. Garrett, get the newer style '05-07 ICP sensor. I just installed the newer one in my truck and my cousins. I replaced my sensor cause mine was leakin oil. Get a new ICP harness pigtail...it wouldn't hurt. I also did this to both trucks.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Well, i bought the newer style ICP which was about $112 and the new pigtail harness was about $62. I have an account setup at my dealer where i get parts 25% below list and no tax. So your price might be higher.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ask him if he will help you if you throw him so pocket change? Ya fell me?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
What's the part number forn the updated icp sensor and the pigtail? I just found out a friend works at ford now.

Also, are we doing oasis' on here? I haven't found where to post the vin? Its too much to ask my friend to do that, gonna be hard enough to get the blonde to get the parts.

Garrett

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.