6.0L Cylinder Head Differences?

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a set of heads to send off to TruckSourceDiesel for some machine work before I drop the truck off for studs and some other work. My main goal is to get the heads to them and have the heads ready to go when I drop the truck off, to save on the amount of time the truck will have to be there.

So my question is....what year head can I use or not use on my truck? My 2005 has the 18mm dowels, and I know there are 20mm dowels. I'm not concerned about that because we can make that work. But I know there are differences with the injector hold downs (maybe more?) and I dont want to have to mess with that, so I'm trying to figure out when those changed, so I can get the right ones to match up with what I have.

worldwide73

Reaction score
05+ heads for sure. I think you have nailed all the differences. And I'm not even sure that the hole for the hold downs is different, just a different style hold down and head size. My 06 has the 20mm dowels.

Reaction score
injector hold downs are all the same.03 motors have a different style oil rail.04+ head are pretty much all the same some have 4,8 or 2 bolts that hold the rocker box down which doesnt really matter.as long as you have the correct dowel size you should be good. ill probably be the one doin your studs btw

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
injector hold downs are all the same.03 motors have a different style oil rail.04+ head are pretty much all the same some have 4,8 or 2 bolts that hold the rocker box down which doesnt really matter.as long as you have the correct dowel size you should be good. ill probably be the one doin your studs btw

Sounds good. Whats your name? Billy here.

Latest posts

Members online