Glowshift issue

psdguy95

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my glowshifts. They were working fine all day until now. I usally have them set on the light blue setting. Last time i got in the truck and turn the key on i noticed they changed back to the dark blue setting. When i go to change it back to the first setting they all turn red as i press down one of the buttons. As soon as i release the button it turns back to dark blue. They wont change. I unhooked the key on 12v wire and they had no power what so ever, leading me to believe i have an issue with my constant 12v. My constant 12v is hooked right to the batts. I looked everywhere and i can't figure out what it is. Any ideas or am i even on the right track? TIA

Chris

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
My 12V constant is hooked under the dash. I know when I had them on my 97 it wouldn't stay the color I had on before, it would always start off with dark blue. Give glowshift they will help you out.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I had the same problem with glowshifts... Some times they would stay green and other times the would go to the default blue. It was hit and miss for me.

Never had a problem with the colors not changing.

You say your constant 12v is hooked directly to the battery, or is spliced into a constant 12v source? If it's spliced in, check the connection and make sure it IS a constant.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I had the same problem with glowshifts... Some times they would stay green and other times the would go to the default blue. It was hit and miss for me.

Never had a problem with the colors not changing.

You say your constant 12v is hooked directly to the battery, or is spliced into a constant 12v source? If it's spliced in, check the connection and make sure it IS a constant.

Yeah I hooked the constant 12v right to the battery to make sure I neve had an issue.

Irontx

Reaction score
Youve got a bad connection somewhere. Just a matter of running it down.Do you have them daisy chained??

psdguy95

Reaction score
Well went out to look at them this morning and now they work fine. Maybe they were confused or something lol

2004Stroker6.0

Reaction score
As IronTX said daisey chained... I had mine ran that way didnt have problems at first they started about a month after install, did the same thing you are saying and the gauge would jump all over. I redid the wiring because they were daisy chained. These gauges are awesome but very finicky about power supply and fluxuation in power and they are all over the place.

psdguy95

Reaction score
As IronTX said daisey chained... I had mine ran that way didnt have problems at first they started about a month after install, did the same thing you are saying and the gauge would jump all over. I redid the wiring because they were daisy chained. These gauges are awesome but very finicky about power supply and fluxuation in power and they are all over the place.

Whats another way to run them?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Chained together is the correct way to do it. You do not need 3 seperate grounds, and three seperate 12v C and three seperate 12v S... You do need good solid connections, not those crappy crimp connectors you get at autozone.

2004Stroker6.0

Reaction score
I had to re-run my 12v any flux in power put them all over the place. I had as CSIPSD said cheap crimp on splicers. I went and got real quality wire for my positive in a thicker gauge ang a better terminal end for the batt. I used a better crimp I originally had the side by side style. I upgraded to the T style. I tested all the power supplied with my voltmeter over and over try to make it flux and I was good after that.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Ah those damn auto zone ones. I replace my batt connection ones with those and now my issues started. So you used t connections at all the connection points for the gauges? Where can I get these?

psdguy95

Reaction score
I'll have to look there. It's defiantly that connection though. I messed with it for a second and they changed back to dark blue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.