New rear brake pads??

worldwide73

Reaction score
Which kind..

I've been looking at

PBR which are close to oem
Raybestos
Akebono

Or should I go stock, looking at replacing the rears right now...

Irontx

Reaction score
Whats on the front? Thats usually what I put on the rear. Keep all 4 corners the same.

worldwide73

Reaction score
whatever was on the truck when I bought it, I've got the rear down and the pads are pretty worn so I was thinking about replacing them... whatever goes on the back will go on the front..

Whytry

Reaction score
I forget what brand they are but they are the best ones from advanced auto and have a lifetime warrenty.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im just sayin...they stop truck...which is all i ask my brake pads to do...

Atsah

Reaction score
I allways put the middle of the roads ones on from NAPA.. The cheapest ones are to soft and the most expensive are to hard..

worldwide73

Reaction score
Thats probably what IM going to with.. middle of the road. Was gonna do rear, but I might as well do all four wheels at the same time, since they are all worn down.

Goose

Reaction score
I put some long lasting pads on a few weeks ago. I hate them. I wish I would have went with the cheaper(softer) pads.'

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I used the best pads from auto zone on my 04. I will never buy them again. I had the same issues with the cheap lifetimes as well. My exp with the autozone pads was that they did stop the truck. They also are terrible at brake dust. I could literally clean my wheels and drive arounf 2 days and my wheels were black again. I ended up giving up on cleaning them. I didn't have this issue with stock pads. The stockers may not be cheap or lifetime but not cleaning my wheels all the time or having black wheels are worth the trade off in warranty. Plus the stockers lasted 115+k. I'd use the stockers personally.

worldwide73

Reaction score
Most of the time the noise comes from the installation. A couple guys at work had their brakes done at a shop and they squeled like heck. Waited a couple months and replaced them again with the same exact parts and CLEANED everything and LUBED all the contact points.. guess what, no squeaks. Unfortunally many shops just slap some new pads on and call it a day.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.