FICM issue

STROKER

Reaction score
my trucks been throwing contribution balance codes for cyl3 and now for cyl5 the past few days i really dont think both the injectors are having problems its gotta be something electrical, at WOT the truck cuts out like crazy and loses power i know the middle FICM harness controls those injectors
what i am wondering is what should be the voltage going to the injector? i unplugged cyl3 and ran a voltmeter to the harness on the opencoil power and it was bouncing around like crazy while idling and never went higher than 38v, i checked the ficm and that was right around 48:shrug:

worldwide73

Reaction score
should be 48v I would think, pop the cover off the ficm for a 100% test to make sure its dead.

STROKER

Reaction score
thats what i figured was 48v, i took the cover off the FICM lastnight and tested it while cranking it was right around 48v, im thinking the harness is messed up

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
I'd say your FICM is bad. Mine did the same thing with the cutting out and running rough and for weeks it was reading 48V then one morning it just didn't ever fire when i went to start it

STROKER

Reaction score
hmm i wish their was some way to know for sure without spending the money on a new one

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
Oh yea... and i was also throwing cyl contribution codes like you. With all the coin you've got in fuel air and other goodies why not top it off with a 58V Tuned FICM? I'm sure you'll tell a difference in performance.

Irontx

Reaction score
With 2 codes only. FICM is at 48v. You need 2 injectors.

on edit:
Just saw where you tested at the plug. Have you checked the pins where it plugs into the FICM.
How do they buzz?

Last edited:

STROKER

Reaction score
no i havent tested it at th FICM yet everything sounds normal, im pretty darn sure the injectors are fine they are about two weeks old and i seen them get flow tested and they were fine

STROKER

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting a tuned ficm i just would rather not spend the coin unless i have too with heads and hybrids its been a costly month:D

STROKER

Reaction score
maybe... im gonna check the harness and see if thats the culprit if its not it, and the FICM is bad ill most likely get a tuned one who would you go with Swamps?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If youu need a ficm harness i think i have a good one. If its he FICM innovative flash tune. Swamps for 58v

STROKER

Reaction score
im gonna check the harness after work ill let you fellas know what i find

Irontx

Reaction score
I've got a FICM harness as well. Between Smut and me I think you will be covered. You don't want to have to buy one from the dealer. They're proud of them.

Latest posts

Members online