Irate SD Complete Fuel system

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Did some searching and did not come up with much about this kit. Looking for reviews.
http://www.iratediesel.com/irdie/product/idp-super-duty-standard-fuel-system/

Anyone running this kit? Seems like a great deal compared to other kits out there.

I know the pump can be iffy but I plan to run a stock pump with this for the added reliability.

Pros or cons of this kit from anyone running it?

Black 02

Reaction score
Did some searching and did not come up with much about this kit. Looking for reviews.
http://www.iratediesel.com/irdie/product/idp-super-duty-standard-fuel-system/

Anyone running this kit? Seems like a great deal compared to other kits out there.

I know the pump can be iffy but I plan to run a stock pump with this for the added reliability.

Pros or cons of this kit from anyone running it?

I have the kit with the fuelab pump and sump. It's not a bad kit. Everything is there you need. Detailed instructions are a little hard to find, but it's not hard to install. I'm happy with it. Jake is a good guy.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
I have the kit with the fuelab pump and sump. It's not a bad kit. Everything is there you need. Detailed instructions are a little hard to find, but it's not hard to install. I'm happy with it. Jake is a good guy.

I was considering the competition system with the Fuel Lab pump but I dont plan on ever having bigger than 250/200's on this rig any time soon so I didnt see it necessary.

Thanks for the input!

Reaction score
I have their competition system and i'm very happy with it. They give you everything you need to replace the entire fuel system so you don't need to piece anything together. But like black 02 said, the instructions are lacking and you have to figure a bit out on your own, it's not like it's hard though. I had a line that I could never get to seal and Jake sent me a new one without a hassle, definitely great service. My only complaint is if you hit a big enough bump the bracket smacks up against the frame, so I wish it was a bit thicker. Lastly, I thought I'd throw in that for single cabs the bracket with the pump and filters needs to be flipped around so that the pump faces outwards because there's not enough frame rail to mount it on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Appreciate the info from both of you.

I called and talked to Matt (sales) for a second just to clarify a few things, he was very helpful and eager to answer all my questions.

I placed my order about an hour ago and I already have a tracking number. :thumbup:

Great customer service so far. Ive been looking into their T4 mount kit and will probably order through Irate due to the good experience.

Will update when parts are received and installed.

Baker42

Reaction score
I have Jake's OBS efuel kit on my 95. Straight forward install and zero problems over the last 2 years. Truck starts better, idles smoother and is more responsive. I run the Walbro gsl392. That pump and kit were installed when my truck had 160000 miles on it. Truck now has 225000 and no problems.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ 65K miles on the walbro is good. Many guys have not been happy with that pump. I don't even hear the fuelab unless the motor is off.

If I had to buy a new kit today, it would be with two SD pumps.

rusty1161

Reaction score
mine holds 65psi all day. if it aint broke dont fix it

Mine quit, without any warning, with right at 20,000 miles on it. It left my 7 year old daughter, 5 year old some and me stranded on the side of the road, waiting for a tow truck in 98 degree heat. Not worth it in my book.

To each their own.

Rusty

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
If the pump is the only thing that is hit or miss then im fine with that. The second pump will be for just that reason. And then add another stock pump if it does die.

Baker42

Reaction score
Mine quit, without any warning, with right at 20,000 miles on it. It left my 7 year old daughter, 5 year old some and me stranded on the side of the road, waiting for a tow truck in 98 degree heat. Not worth it in my book.

To each their own.

Rusty
Damn thats rough. Maybe I got lucky.IDK

psdguy95

Reaction score
The walbro pump just went out on mine with only 6k miles on it. Other then that i couldn't be happier with the system.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Have another question. Ill be using the 5/8ths pickup and after reviewing the instruction it does not mention anything about using the stock pickup foot.

Is this not used with this kit? Or shoudl I drill it out to fit and clamp it on the new pickup?

I put the hutch mod in about 6 months ago with Strictly's kit. This kit, as most of you know, routes the return line away from the pickup foot. Do I need to use this or since this is a regulated return I dont need to worry bout air?

Also, another :thumbup: for Irate. All parts were delivered today. Less than 24 hours after I ordered them.

Ill have my fuel bowl, Hutch mod kit and CNC fab 4 line kit in the classifieds section here soon if anyone is interested.

mcnance865

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Deatsch Werks fuel pump that comes with the Irate Super Duty Standard Fuel System? Seems like it is a good pump from reading about it and only about $130.00 on Amazon. On Irate's site, this is what it says comes with the kit, but I have never seen it mentioned by name on any of the forums.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.