EXPERTS I NEED YOUR HELP....

Jsexton

Reaction score
I HAVE A 08 6.4 WITH A SOME WHAT BUILT MOTOR... THE MOTOR HAS ALL BASIC PARTS.
DUAL DUEL KIT, 30% nozzles, stage 1 CAM, 467.7 turbo with built trans 2600 stall dpc triple discs converter with SCT tuner....
Here is my issue running Tyrant tunes then shifting 3 to 4 then 4lock then to fifth.. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHIFT WHEN THE RPM DROP THE FUEL FAIL PRESSUER GOES CRAZY FROM 8 TO 5 THE TO 2 THEN BACK TO NORMAL....

WHEN I LOAD GH tunes the truck FRP is fine during shifting....

I sent back for a revision but nothing change.....
Tyrant said nothhing in tuneing would cause this issue.....
I want to keep the tyrant tuneing due the driveability is awsome except for the frp acting up during shifting...
HELP ANY IDEAS ON WHAT CAN CASUE THIS OR FIX THIS....
THANKS

jdgleason

Reaction score
Lol funny they say nothing in the Tuning could cause it since it’s 100% only Tuning.

Your options are basically have ******** tweak the tune to drive the way you want, or have tyrant fix it.

Sounds like your best option is have ******** make it drive the way you want.

Jsexton

Reaction score
True.... So I wonder if it's only happening during shifting if the RPM's are falling too much causing the FRP pressure to act up

Jonnydime

Reaction score
What ever tunes that were on my Harley truck did this. At first I thought it was the cp3 dual fueler since it was unplugged and running at full capacity and using the k16 to handle the regulating so I swapped in my Midwest kit and it did the same thing. Once I got my custom tunes the problem went away for the most part and the only surging I have now is from the ported rails on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online