Fuel bowl delete questions

GotStroke

Reaction score
Is there ANY way to install the Elite fuel bowl delete kit without pulling the HP turbo out? Didn't know if anyone had had prior experiance trying to pull the down pipe and access it that way or some tips and tricks to make the install easier.

Also is it worth the trouble? Will it benifit the HPFP enough to justify the trouble? Since I'm not currently running dual pumps, but might later, I could just install it then. I had just planned to delete the fuel bowl to make the HPFP's life easier. Currently installing a 220 titanium Fass with Sinister sump. But also don't want to waste the $$$ I spent on the Fass and sump due to the restrictive fuel bowl. But since I'm running stock fuel didn't know if the restriction would even be noticed. Just wanting to keep the HPFP fed with all the waterless/Airless fuel needs just not sure even with the 220 Fass it will have enough without the fuel bowl delete.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
If you are worried about all the pains of putting in the fuel bowl delete, get the side action diesel kit and all your worries are gone. It's crazy easy to install and requires no new fuel line to the valley. Check it out and you will see what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

GotStroke

Reaction score
Currently stuck with the Elite kit if it comes down to it I might just sell and order side actions kits but im just trying to go with what I have, if I can.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
You can but it's just a bunch more work. You don't have to pull the turbo though.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

capt dong

Reaction score
im looking at the side action fuel bowl delete kit as well. like how theres a gauge on it. i think there was interest in a group buy. i really need up pipes though.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have the side action kit, its not on yet but once the fuelab setup comes out it will be on. But I can say tha the quality and craftsmanship of this kit is amazing. Its so clean and simply done that it fits the idea of a fuel bowl delete perfectly in my eyes.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Tell you same thing I was told. Fass 220 is too much. You'll be fine with a 150. Seems the 220 systems are designed for 1400hp and up applications.

B585Ford

Reaction score
To the original question...a fuel bowl is not necessary for a single stock HPFP. Wayne tested this a while back and on stock fuel, there was no benefit that they could appreciate. That being said, like you, I hope to be going to dual fuelers down the road so I did delete the bowl while I was adding Marty's LP system and replacing the HPFP cause the HPFP was ch#tting to bed.

GotStroke

Reaction score
Ok ill try to look and see if I can find Wayne's write up on it, if any of you have it of appreciate it but ill try and look first.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I did the fuel bowl delete for the better filtration( with the fuelab pump I'll be getting soon) and for the extra room in underhood.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I did it cause some guys said it would be cool to do. Turns out they were right.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Latest posts

Members online