Screech when accelerating

05PSD

Reaction score
While accelerating full throttle I hear what sounds like a metal on metal screech at least 60% percent of the time. I haven't bothered taking it in due to our local code-readers will have nothing to go on.

I can't tell if it's the transmission or something coming from the engine itself. The transmission is super slow to shift and gets confused a lot. When going down certain grades, the truck will downshift and rev even when the tow/haul is not engaged. Also, if you jump on the throttle doing 35, the truck will fall flat on its face and almost stall before taking off. This is with the stability control disabled and on dry ground. The truck is a 13 CCLB with 9k on it. I'm really starting to hate this truck.

05PSD

Reaction score
I just busted out my AE and there are no soft codes so I guess I'll pull the intake off the turbo and check for shaft play and rubbing.

The dealers in my immediate area are terrible so they will never get to touch my truck. The nearest dealer I trust is 70+ miles away. Looks like a trip is needed.

05PSD

Reaction score
HAHAHA wholly ****, I pulled the truck in the shop and opened the hood and what don't I see? An easily accessible turbo inlet...

I've had my 7.3 and 6.0 in pieces multiple times but this one is getting checked out at the dealer. Not enough spare time...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
HAHAHA wholly ****, I pulled the truck in the shop and opened the hood and what don't I see? An easily accessible turbo inlet...

I've had my 7.3 and 6.0 in pieces multiple times but this one is getting checked out at the dealer. Not enough spare time...

After 9k miles your just now noticing that its a mess under the hood? Do you not check your oil?

live life full throttle

05PSD

Reaction score
I check the fluids all the time. I DIDN'T feel the need to look for the dual inlets on the turbo smartass.:D

Last edited:

sagebel

Reaction score
I used Bay Ford (new name now) in Port Orchard once for my '11 when I returned it to stock and they were way better than Parr.

Latest posts

Members online