6.7L Build Motor, Trans, Compounds & Supporting Mods

powerstroke22

Reaction score
8asetape.jpg

metaru8e.jpg

Finally got the truck out of the shop today for a much needed bath.

Still need to finish a few things but took it around the block and it feels very strong on near stock fuel for break in should be a handful when we put some fuel to it

powerstroke22

Reaction score
How's throttle response with those big turbos?

Big turbos?? I put little tiny turbos on this thing you can't even see them when you open the hood.

Seriously throttle response is unreal and I haven't really put my foot in it yet... probably has something to do with the heavily ported manifolds :thumbsup:

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Truck out and waxed look awesome! Runs strong few things I have to work out but am I more then pleased.

Huge thanks to the Dan, Amy and the crew at SPE.
JD for getting my headlights done they look awesome out in the sun.
Steve thank you for getting me the manifolds.
Jared at RCD for hooking me up with the OUO Bars I can already feel the difference. For those of you that don't have them just hand over the cash and get them.
And of course the PSA family for helping me with little stupid things along the way, definitely would have never painted the front end without seeing some trucks on here. I think it looks awesome.

This was my first real full build other then my conversion truck and I am very happy with the way it came out.

I have about 200 miles on it now and of course I will be updating along the way.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Truck out and waxed look awesome! Runs strong few things I have to work out but am I more then pleased.

Huge thanks to the Dan, Amy and the crew at SPE.
JD for getting my headlights done they look awesome out in the sun.
Steve thank you for getting me the manifolds.
Jared at RCD for hooking me up with the OUO Bars I can already feel the difference. For those of you that don't have them just hand over the cash and get them.
And of course the PSA family for helping me with little stupid things along the way, definitely would have never painted the front end without seeing some trucks on here. I think it looks awesome.

This was my first real full build other then my conversion truck and I am very happy with the way it came out.

I have about 200 miles on it now and of course I will be updating along the way.

Glad you liked the bars buddy. I have to explain it every time but like I told you, I've never had someone not be 100% satisfied. Thanks again for your business & kind words. Now get out there and enjoy that monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Glad you liked the bars buddy. I have to explain it every time but like I told you, I've never had someone not be 100% satisfied. Thanks again for your business & kind words. Now get out there and enjoy that monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a PM sir

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Figured I would update this truck has little under 400 miles on it so far and it is all kinds of fun.

I did notice that it really hates life down low with the 3.55 gears and 35" tires, has anybody had the same problem? I think I might try 3.73's but if anybody has already tried this let me know how it worked out.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Tuning, take some fuel out of it to keep it from being so smokey. And make it not shift so low in the rpm range too. Keeps it a little happier.

Actually if his truck is doing what mine did, it's the opposite from your suggestion. We had to add tons of fuel down low to get a good responsive petal below 2000rpms. The truck would just bog down from a stop light and you would wait for it to climb and then BAM turbos kicked in.. Also, mine did not smoke at all during it's lag down low. I hope that helps...

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Actually if his truck is doing what mine did, it's the opposite from your suggestion. We had to add tons of fuel down low to get a good responsive petal below 2000rpms. The truck would just bog down from a stop light and you would wait for it to climb and then BAM turbos kicked in.. Also, mine did not smoke at all during it's lag down low. I hope that helps...

Yup you hit the nail on the head. I still have a little break in time but at a stop light it falls flat on its face until the turbos kick in. I'm sure your pushing a whole lot more air then me but I will try that when the time comes. Appreciate the input.

Dan

Reaction score
I definatly had 3.55 issues... I'll let you know how 4.30s do soon

Trans tuning really helps like Morgan suggested!!!
This is a sweet build!!!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I definatly had 3.55 issues... I'll let you know how 4.30s do soon

Trans tuning really helps like Morgan suggested!!!
This is a sweet build!!!

It is not gear related.... I know from first hand experience what he is talking about.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I have 3.31s on 32.5" wheels for what it's worth. And all my issues were fixed with more fuel down low.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.