03 6.0 no oil pressure

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
My dad has a 03 6.0 showing no oil pressure on dash and the oil filer housing will not fill at all. Im guessing its a lpop problem but could also be hpop leak. What do you guys think?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
hpop, the ball bearing fell out

either drain the oil and hop that ball bearing blocks the flow, or take hpop out. If its the problem the ball bearing might be in the last rocker housing to the right, trucks left

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
well first make sure its the problem, so dig into the hpop.... if its indeed gone, replace pump... or if your good at tappng, tap it and put a plug in it... you could also take out the regulator on front cover, 12mm allan... see if its chewed up or maybe a needle bearing....

drain oil first and see if the ball blocks the drain. also check for other metal... if the filter full of shavings? I doubt it though

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
marble sized. technically, yes the ball has to be in the pump for you build oil pressure!!!!! lol

but no it doesnt when you plug it. I dont think new pumps even have it in it anymore.

dont freak if you cant find the ball... Ive only found two. but make sure you look good

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You are depressing the black drainback valve while cranking right? In the filter housing.

G Racing

Reaction score
Pull the geroter gears off and see why it isn't low pressure oil. They might be damaged

:whs: You need to find out why you don't have any low pressure oil. If you don't have any lpo then you won't have any high pressure oil. Chances are you just have a bad lpop and hopefully it didn't eat into the front cover. I would also check and see if the lpop pick up screen wasn't plugged.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd rather pull the HPOP cover first than pull the gerotor.... Usually filter is full if metal when gerotor goes...

SootRoller

Reaction score
Pull the regulator first, make sure it isn't hung open and/or that it doesn't have any foreign debri in it. That will take you about 30 seconds to do, no need to drain the engine oil. If you don't find anything suspect then I would pull the hpop. If it was running fine then just died, I seriously doubt you have a low pressure issue. The regulator is stupid easy to remove to verify there is no lpop concern. I have only found one check ball from a hpop and I can't even tell you how many I've replaced for this exact concern.

SootRoller

Reaction score
I'd rather pull the HPOP cover first than pull the gerotor.... Usually filter is full if metal when gerotor goes...

Usually yes, all the time no. I would rather pull the regulator and verify that there is no low pressure concern then pull the high pressure pump. Even then, I'd rather pull the gerotor on an early 03, I can have the gerotor out in ten minutes as opposed to pulling the pump in 40 minutes thanks to the stupid crossover.

G Racing

Reaction score

If the oil filter housing would fill with oil then yes. If he isn't getting oil to the oil filter housing then it isn't making it to the hpop. He has a lpop issue. But that's just my WAG

Reaction score
ive had the geroters go out and no meatal in the oil filter ro houding. sometimes they get indintions but no metal comes apart. cant have high pressure oil without low pressure.