Issues with my truck.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
I have a 04 6.0 and when i make a turn it kind of feels like my tires are rubbing but they arnt. A buddy tells me its something in my reer end. Amd also last night while pulling another pick up on my Goose neck my truck randomly started to have a miss and about 2 minutes it just came out of it. Any ideas what my problems could be?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

05wh250

Reaction score
check your hubs and make sure the transfer case isn't engaged. mine did something similar to this and the transfer case was stuck in 4x4 with the hubs unlocked, mine ended up being the fuse not making good contact.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Can you pinpoint where the vibration is coming from? Your buddy could be right if the limited slip is bound up in the rear end. But I would also check all of your front end components.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
I do know the hubs are unlocked. And it does feel like its coming from the back.

Sniper32

Reaction score
If it feels like a vibration check the carrier bearingon your rear driveshaft. If its kinda a knocking/rubbing feel/noise i think I have the same issue and im almost positive its the ujoints in my front friveshaft but i need to remove it to make sure

cfdeng7

Reaction score
try to narrow it down by removing the front drive shaft and drive it to see if it goes away..... I had a bad u-joint in my front drive shaft that caused me all kinds of worries....

The front driveshaft should not be spinning in 2wd.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
I do know my front hubs aint right
To put the truck in 4x4 i have to put them in luck. The auto lock doesn't work.

Latest posts

Members online