What is everyone doing with their weightloss parts?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
My truck went on the diet only days after I brought her home.

I'm tired of looking at this monstrosity of an exhaust filtration system. What is everyone doing with their old "parts"?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kyle.johns.9003

Reaction score
Keep them.... Just in case..

2011 GMC SIERRA SLT 4X4 CREW CAB
AFE Dry intake w/prefilter
EGR, ***/DEF ******
FLO MASTER 4" EXHAUST W/MUFFLER
H&S XRT PRO

DIESELDECK

Reaction score
Tape up all the places where dirt dobbers can get in and put it somewhere you won't have to look at it everyday. You never know when you'll need it again.

Brian22

Reaction score
Agreed, I would keep them. You never know if your state might start requiring emissions testing during your annual state inspections. Also if you need warranty work it would be worthwhile to spend a day putting the parts back on to avoid issues.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
keep it boxed up for when the govt mandated emissions regulations kick in... or if you have to sell her

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
Have mine stored for now. Don't think I'll ever put them back on. If I end up selling I'll let them go with the ride.

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Whats the consensus on the sensors, yall leave yours unplugged or just hang em up? I pulled the O2 modules and left the temp sensors plugged in?
Wish someone would make some blank plugs in a kit..

Jomax

Reaction score
All my connectors are greased, black taped, then wrapped in small ziplock bags sealed tight with black tape.

The heavy stuff is stored in my garage for the day the truck gets traded in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1stock13

Reaction score
I honestly don't see the government forcing trucks put it back on, I see more of a 1996 situation with obd2. More like "here is the cut off date", we will stay safety only. I can only hope.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I honestly don't see the government forcing trucks put it back on, I see more of a 1996 situation with obd2. More like "here is the cut off date", we will stay safety only. I can only hope.
I believe the grandfather clause would protect us from being forced to put the parts back on. At least in states that currently have relaxed emissions, such as many states in the Midwest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

brown1

Reaction score
when losing weight what is the best thing to do with the def tank? store full, store empty, should i rinse it? will the fluid drain once disconnected from the exhaust? sorry for the threadjack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online