Amount of importance in traction bars

doo dah

Reaction score
Can you guys make a banner like the one at the top of the page that displays the sponsors that says "Yes You Need Traction Bars Don't Make a New Thread About it"

Can we get a link to the website that has the woman in your avatar :evil

TrickTruck

Reaction score
My truck had chatter real bad taking off in loose surfaces like sand.

I got PMF last summer. If you plan on the Titan tank be sure to tell them. Kind of a biotch drilling the frame and moving the tank out of the way, but not impossible. I even managed to get it done w/o the holeshooter grabbing and hurting a wrist or busting my knuckles.

Difference is night and day. Quite pleased with the addition. Now I'm ready for more turbo & fuel.

Reaction score
I bought a set of the one's with the holes and the mounting bracket to the cab on the passenger side actually sheared off at literally 1 month in causing the bar to drag the ground. I just pulled into traffic with my trailer and heard a pop and then the dragging of metal. I called and talked to customer service at pro comp and they said they hadn't heard of this happening before and shipped out another mounting kit. So I reluctantly remounted them but this time I drilled and tapped the frame and the insides of each traction bar and mounted a short steel cable to keep them from dragging if they did break again. That was 6 months ago and s far they've been fine. They definitely help and don't squeak at all. The actual bars are fairly well built, it's the mounting kit that's lacking. You also have to have a 6" or 8" lift with their traction bars. I have 5.5" rear blocks and they fit perfect.
So besides what they call a total fluke, which I doubt, they've been fine.
20161028_080719.jpg

20161028_080740.jpg

20161028_080729.jpg

s-l500.jpg

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Everyones 1st mods should intake, tune, dletes, and bars. I even tell guys with bone stock trucks waiting for mods until their warranty is up they should still get bars because they seriously help that much. Especially if you're towing a lot even with a bone stock truck.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I bought a set of the one's with the holes and the mounting bracket to the cab on the passenger side actually sheared off at literally 1 month in causing the bar to drag the ground. I just pulled into traffic with my trailer and heard a pop and then the dragging of metal. I called and talked to customer service at pro comp and they said they hadn't heard of this happening before and shipped out another mounting kit. So I reluctantly remounted them but this time I drilled and tapped the frame and the insides of each traction bar and mounted a short steel cable to keep them from dragging if they did break again. That was 6 months ago and s far they've been fine. They definitely help and don't squeak at all. The actual bars are fairly well built, it's the mounting kit that's lacking. You also have to have a 6" or 8" lift with their traction bars. I have 5.5" rear blocks and they fit perfect.
20161028_080719.jpg

20161028_080740.jpg

20161028_080729.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Sorry, but that mount looks like a Walmart special. No wonder it broke. Probably lucky the thing didn't punch the floorboards.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
procomp bars suck ass.. my old forman had a set on his 16 and it did that exact thing..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

valvetick

Reaction score
20161028_080719.jpg

20161028_080740.jpg

20161028_080729.jpg

s-l500.jpg

What is the part number for this style bar? Tried looking them up and kept seeing the other style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What is the part number for this style bar? Tried looking them up and kept seeing the other style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont go this route.. id go with ouo.. procomps break often

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

My09Ride

Reaction score
Maybe

Whoa! This is a lot of stuff... Just wondering, I'm not cheap, but don't want to spend extra either. 09 6.4 Sp artan. 210 TP tune. fully d!@#$d. Tow a big 5er. I get some stupid bounce of chucking, mostly at hi-way speed, pulling grades. Would inexpensive traction bars fix the jerk that feel like engine miss? Kinda up and down in the back end... No codes, No engine trouble, or tranny problems???? :shrug:

Layson

Reaction score
Inexpensive traction bars could fix some of that but they also can come at a price. For example certain ones will make the truck ride stiffer in the rear. Make it harder for the leaf springs to flex and also limit the amount of travel. If you spend a little bit more you end up with a set that doesn't do any of that to your truck. You should check out their youtube channel. They have some fantastic videos... here is one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3h9QWrKN80

Jgon08

Reaction score
Whoa! This is a lot of stuff... Just wondering, I'm not cheap, but don't want to spend extra either. 09 6.4 Sp artan. 210 TP tune. fully d!@#$d. Tow a big 5er. I get some stupid bounce of chucking, mostly at hi-way speed, pulling grades. Would inexpensive traction bars fix the jerk that feel like engine miss? Kinda up and down in the back end... No codes, No engine trouble, or tranny problems???? :shrug:

I wouldnt waste my time or money on something cheap. I would get good bars, and they will fix your issues and look great on the process.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score

Just food for thought. I am gonna guess that with your truck and trailer, you probably have about $80-100K running down the road. Is it worth risking damaging that over a few hundred bucks?

The OUO bars are top notch and well worth it. Also, they are great guys and American products. After seeing the photos in this thread, the Procomps are a 1979 Courier pickup compared to the OUOs being a 2015 Super Duty. Buy once, cry once.

ironj

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a bar that will work on a dually.
?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online