DEF level sensor issues?

rockbronco

Reaction score
I came from a 7.3 to a 6.7 and it's the only thing I would give up a 7.3 for. Sure the 6.7 has all the emissions stuff the 7.3 did buts it's really not all that bad and they are so much more truck!

Yes the def level\heater sender can be problemmatic but are pretty easy to change if needed. It's not like a fuel gauge rather 3 separate level sensors that will trigger separate messages on the dash to I form the driver of the level. Mine is setting a code and check engine light of I run it really low before filling. Once full or over half it's a non issue.

JD3020

Reaction score
dereet it now and be done with those codes.. only issue a 6.7 has is with its emissions chit!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

I know i know, i would like to run out this 12 month/12k warranty first, but i may end up deleeting it over the summer.

sootie

Reaction score
i wouldnt get too horned up about deeleeting. Im gonna put the the deepeeff back on my 12. Not worth the noise to disturb the neighbors on early morning starts, or the smell and the truck doesnt need any more power than stock anyway. No worries about inspection stations/emisson tests. Its not like these six sevens are fast with a tune anyway lol

JD3020

Reaction score
Whenever i do it, it will stay on a stock or very mild tow tune. I'm happy with the truck as it is 100% stock, just want to keep it as reliable as i can. I'd like to think that if i do 5k oil changes, 10k fuel filter changes, and deleet it i can get 150k miles out of it. I know its apples to oranges but my dads 03 LB7 is over 280k miles and still runs as good as new. Its plowed and towed since the day it rolled off the lot, we've just kept up on the maintenance and treated it well. Actually spent last weekend plowing in North Carolina pretty much non-stop for 4 days, 9 hour drive each way. Thats original engine, original turbo, original trans, injectors and CP3 haven't been touched since 04. Hoping to do the same with this 6.7.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Whenever i do it, it will stay on a stock or very mild tow tune. I'm happy with the truck as it is 100% stock, just want to keep it as reliable as i can. I'd like to think that if i do 5k oil changes, 10k fuel filter changes, and deleet it i can get 150k miles out of it. I know its apples to oranges but my dads 03 LB7 is over 280k miles and still runs as good as new. Its plowed and towed since the day it rolled off the lot, we've just kept up on the maintenance and treated it well. Actually spent last weekend plowing in North Carolina pretty much non-stop for 4 days, 9 hour drive each way. Thats original engine, original turbo, original trans, injectors and CP3 haven't been touched since 04. Hoping to do the same with this 6.7.
need to get with jimdawg185 on here and get some LE products in that truck. it will like it a lot better.

live life full throttle

JD3020

Reaction score
need to get with jimdawg185 on here and get some LE products in that truck. it will like it a lot better.

live life full throttle

I'm still on the fence on what oil i want to run. Leaning towards Amsoil because our neighbor is a dealer and hooks us up with some good pricing, plus we've had good experiences with it. But i've also read good things about LE on here so i haven't ruled that out.

Meanwhile the D-max has ran whatever 15-40 non-syn we can get the cheapest at the time and is still purring after all these years. Wish the 6.7 was that simple to take care of. LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence on what oil i want to run. Leaning towards Amsoil because our neighbor is a dealer and hooks us up with some good pricing, plus we've had good experiences with it. But i've also read good things about LE on here so i haven't ruled that out.

Meanwhile the D-max has ran whatever 15-40 non-syn we can get the cheapest at the time and is still purring after all these years. Wish the 6.7 was that simple to take care of. LOL
amsoil wont hold a candle to LE.. I understand you get good pricing.. my cousin is a amsoil dealer.. I got good deals through him... but LE oil is superior by far..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
engine, both differentials and trans are all LE in my 6.7

live life full throttle

sootie

Reaction score
old guy alert^^^

live life full throttle

You've got a least 10 years on me bud....problem is I had a fast truck before the 6.7 so A: I'm over the poor reliability and constant repairs and B: not worth the money to make the 6.7 even close to as fast

My main point is-deeleeting is not essential for these engines to survive like the six fours were.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You've got a least 10 years on me bud....problem is I had a fast truck before the 6.7 so A: I'm over the poor reliability and constant repairs and B: not worth the money to make the 6.7 even close to as fast

My main point is-deeleeting is not essential for these engines to survive like the six fours were.

always gotta be so technical..

10 years? so you are 26 or younger?

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score

These 6.7s are fast enough just tuned. But I do see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score

When it comes time for me to get a new truck, I won't dreeet it. Don't need to go fast anyway. By then I'll have a Peterbilt toy if I want to drive something big and loud.

rockbronco

Reaction score

Agreed. The 6.7 is not the old 6.4 when you really had to get rid of the stuff to make them survive.

Ive always been 100% happy with the power of the 6.7 in stock form. I have job1 2011 truck with 130k and have yet to have any emissions related issues. Not even a temp sensor. I did recently try a ****** to see what all the hype was about and honestly Im thinking about going back to stock. I only saw maybe 1-2mpg more. Exhaust stinks(way worse then a modded 7.3) and is loud and I really didnt care for the driveability with the stock power level tune. Just not sure its worth it and I liked how the truck drove better stock and wondering if its truly worth that and the hassle of needing to deal with smog inspections

04cr450

Reaction score
^ I thought the same.. I just recently got my 2016 6.7, came from driving a 6.0 for 12 years. But the emissions will prematurely kill these things like any of the other model years. It's just a fact, I ******d mine at 424 miles- I keep my vehicles for 10+years so I see nothing but trouble from the emissions down the road. Now, if you only keep your vehicles for 3-5 years, then by oh means keep the stuff on it.
My main concern now with these engines is the bottom end, hope it is not an issue after more reseach is completed.

04cr450

Reaction score

Ehh you expect only 150k? Lol 300k at a minimum with superb maintenance I see being reasonable.

Jomax

Reaction score
I can't believe all of you guys saying you'll keep it stock....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online