Albert Speed and a 2014

AirMedic84

Reaction score
So I just wanted to see if I'm missing anything. I just tuned my 2014 with Alberta Speed tunes. To me the Race Tune seems really tame. The Hot Street seems like it's more aggressive, they both see the same boost. Also, what kind of boost should I be seeing. None of the tunes I've ran have seen above 24 lbs. I don't know if it's just me but I would appreciate anyone might be able to chime in. I previously ran PiP tunes. Truck has stock turbo and full setup otherwise.

A huge thank you goes out to all the guys at No Limit! Awesome customer service and much thanks to John and Luke for helping me out where SCT wasn't able to!

Hottrod81

Reaction score
To me the race on my 2014 was real smooth and it had more timing in idle. Also the tc on the race tune was stock

Notneb

Reaction score
Did you do a re-learn? Do a quick one, 0-70-0mph at 25% throttle, then 50%, 75%, and 100%. After that just drive normal, truck will finish learning over the next 500-1000 miles.

I did notice that GH needed a relearn, whereas P!P and Sp@rtan didn't "need" it, but I still do them. If it's still doing it after that, call Mike again. another thought is you might be feeling the TC locking in second.

DC87

Reaction score
Could the rail pressure not be holding the demand on the race tune?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Most 14 and down truck have the boost limited to keep the turbos alive.

Notneb

Reaction score
Yes that's all I run on my F250 is the top power tune *Warhammer, Extreme, Race, etc.*. I've done this on my 2012 F250, my 2015 F250 and my 2008 Cummins. Honestly it's all up to how you drive, if you're a moron and go WOT everywhere, then maybe stick to a lower tune.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
One last question. Is there any differences between the gh mcc tuning vs the gh sct tuning.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
That is good to know as I was contemplating going to H&S as I like the defueling options but I am thinking that is not a sole reason to switch

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Does the Alberta Speed Race tune run higher timing than the others at idle or is it my imagination. I need longevity out of my truck 200k+ miles but I also want the best mileage as I drive 60 miles a day round trip.

sirkdev

Reaction score
Hey guys so I am looking at purchasing the 4 pack of Alberta speed tunes for a 2012. Just making sure that everybody is happy with them still. Looking for an exhaust brake does that seem to work well. Willing to invest the money but they have to be good.. Also does anybody know what happens if my minimaxx dies... does the tune stay in the truck or default back after so many key cycles or what. Thanks

doo dah

Reaction score
not specifically no .

I have had both on my '12. I think SCT GH has better engine file than H&S but H&S GH has better transmission file.

Thanks for sending me that last transmission file Mike, much better than before. Still not perfect but a lot more drivable around town.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys so I am looking at purchasing the 4 pack of Alberta speed tunes for a 2012. Just making sure that everybody is happy with them still. Looking for an exhaust brake does that seem to work well. Willing to invest the money but they have to be good.. Also does anybody know what happens if my minimaxx dies... does the tune stay in the truck or default back after so many key cycles or what. Thanks

hit me up !

Goindownhole

Reaction score
For reference, on my race tune, if I lay into it under 30mph in 2wd I'm leaving black marks and sliding around. 32psi max boost on a '15.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.