Amount of importance in traction bars

jack6.7

Reaction score
Just bought a 6.7. Lifted 6 in on 37s. I am about to tune and ****** it and am wondering how badly would i need traction bars? How much better will the truck preform with them? Can any damage be caused without them due to the amount of torque these engines produce?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Damage be caused with out them? I doubt it. But the truck will preform a ton better with them on there. IMO even a stock truck Needs them

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Not sure what kit that is. Pretty much everyone here will tell you to run OUO or PMF bars though.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It doesn't take much to instal them. Few holes in the frame and then what ever mount you decide to go with on the axle, plenty of bolt on options

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
OP - hit me up for some great deals ! we have traction bar sales going for the next few days ! they make a HUGE difference .

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Any benefit for a truck running a full leaf pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any benefit for a truck running a full leaf pack?

absolutely. full leaf pack will not help with axle wrap , in turn , the shifts will be just as bad if not worse until the axle is supported .

apart from selling traction bars , i am also a client , and i swear by them . i would be willing to bet everyone that has listened to me recommend them over the last 7 years , most of which before i sold them , will thank me for recommending them .

Last edited:

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Looks like that will be my next purchase then. Thanks!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have a bet going with a friend with a tuned 6.4 that is having problems with how the truck shifts right now, that traction bars will fix his issue. I told him that if he buys a set of OUO bars, Ill install them for free for him and if they don't fix his issue I will give him $100, but if they do fix it he owes me $100 for the instal, thats how confident I am in the bars to put up my own time and money when there really isn't a benefit in it for me besides the fact I won't have to hear him complain anymore.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
absolutely. full leaf pack will not help with axle wrap , in turn , the shifts will be just as bad if not worse until the axle is supported .

apart from selling traction bars , i am also a client , and i swear by them . i would be willing to bet everyone that has listened to me recommend them over the last 7 years , most of which before i sold them , will thank me for recommending them .
Can you guys make a banner like the one at the top of the page that displays the sponsors that says "Yes You Need Traction Bars Don't Make a New Thread About it"

Last edited:

jack6.7

Reaction score
Pmf or OUO? My shop sells PMF bars, I'm sure they both are great. Also how much do they affect ground clearance?

Latest posts

Members online