3 inch receiver hitch

Zmann

Reaction score
thats funny
i didn't watch the whole deal
did you eventually use the pin inserted just in to one side of the adapters to hold them
in place

bpan

Reaction score
Oh great, first we needed 2.5" now we need 3"? It's a joke that they need to increase the receiver size to make it seem stronger. A 2" receiver can easily be as strong as a 2.5" or 3". More **** to rattle around.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
6.0L Stroker on here has one. I want to use it and see if I can get it to spin all the way around LOL

Inline6359

Reaction score
just wait until you see the stupid azz place they expect you to hook safety chains to

I love the 17's but it is a ****ing cock sucker to clip the hooks for the chains on.... usually have to come in sideways and fanangle them in, the clips can't actually close, and should anything ever happen and for some reason you get some pressure on the chains, you will have to beat them loose with a hammer.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
thats funny
i didn't watch the whole deal
did you eventually use the pin inserted just in to one side of the adapters to hold them
in place

I was just messing with my son and let him figure that part out. He eventually figured that little trick out.

Beautiful truck and nice rzr! I have the 2.5" weighsafe in my 2015 and love it!

Glad to hear that. There's not many of these hitches out yet. The company is only about 3 years old.

Oh great, first we needed 2.5" now we need 3"? It's a joke that they need to increase the receiver size to make it seem stronger. A 2" receiver can easily be as strong as a 2.5" or 3". More **** to rattle around.

Ford re-did the entire hitch assembly underneath the truck. They are rated at 20,000 plus lbs now and supposedly don't require weight distribution devices, 21,000 lbs straight off the ball. I don't have that heavy of a trailer but I think I would still use weight distribution and anti-sway if I did.

just wait until you see the stupid azz place they expect you to hook safety chains to

Did you see in the video how hard it was for the kid to hook onto the safety chain hole? I don't get why people are saying it's hard. It's no more difficult than anything else. Watch him hook the safety chain onto the truck. Zero drama.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
I love the 17's but it is a ****ing cock sucker to clip the hooks for the chains on.... usually have to come in sideways and fanangle them in, the clips can't actually close, and should anything ever happen and for some reason you get some pressure on the chains, you will have to beat them loose with a hammer.

I'm thinking that some of the security clips on some of the hooks are too long. Notice in the video where he easily hooks it on. No problems. I apparently have the safety chain hooks that have no problem. There's a guy on FTE who cut his safety clips a quarter inch shorter and it worked fine.

Inline6359

Reaction score
I'm thinking that some of the security clips on some of the hooks are too long. Notice in the video where he easily hooks it on. No problems. I apparently have the safety chain hooks that have no problem. There's a guy on FTE who cut his safety clips a quarter inch shorter and it worked fine.

Its not the clips, it's the hook size, I'm not using a 7000lb car hauler.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
The safety chain hooks on this trailer are marked with G70 5/16 on them. When these are attached, there's still at least an 1/8th inch clearance to fit an even larger hook.

bpan

Reaction score
I was just messing with my son and let him figure that part out. He eventually figured that little trick out.

Glad to hear that. There's not many of these hitches out yet. The company is only about 3 years old.

Ford re-did the entire hitch assembly underneath the truck. They are rated at 20,000 plus lbs now and supposedly don't require weight distribution devices, 21,000 lbs straight off the ball. I don't have that heavy of a trailer but I think I would still use weight distribution and anti-sway if I did.

Did you see in the video how hard it was for the kid to hook onto the safety chain hole? I don't get why people are saying it's hard. It's no more difficult than anything else. Watch him hook the safety chain onto the truck. Zero drama.

I've pulled 20k+ many times in my 6.4 with a 2 inch receiver. No WD no sway. No twisting, cracking, bending, or any other fuss. I don't know, maybe you have but I have not seen very many bent hitches due to overloading. The 2.5" and 3" is a marketing tool and nothing more. Bigger is better.....

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
I've pulled 20k+ many times in my 6.4 with a 2 inch receiver. No WD no sway. No twisting, cracking, bending, or any other fuss. I don't know, maybe you have but I have not seen very many bent hitches due to overloading. The 2.5" and 3" is a marketing tool and nothing more. Bigger is better.....

One guy said the 3 inch receiver is completely unnecessary and is akin to hanging bull ballls off the back of the truck. lol. Just showing off.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that is a big ass chunk of aluminum stuffed in there..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.