5r110 selector

Reaction score
My selector has gotten incredibly sloppy. It isn't in the alignment I've already adjusted it with the knob. You almost can't get it in park and to be in drive you've just gotta get lucky. The linkage on the trans is just sloppy how do you or can you adjust it back right.

Joshf250

Reaction score
Check the rectangle plastic piece at the end of the linkage on the transmission and make sure that it’s clipped properly, I’ve seen where it’s wasn’t snapped all the way in place and it caused it to be very sloppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Drop the column down some and check the shifter bushings. They get old and worn, and the bolts loosen up over time. May just need to tighten the bolts, butthe bushings are only like 10 bucks for both.

Reaction score
I replaced the column bushings this weekend, they were bad but it didn’t solve the majority of the slop. Clip on the end of the linkage seems fine doesn’t wiggle. The shifter has a lot of it’s slop before you even pull it to you to change selector position.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
There are two #30 Torx bolts that hold the shift cable bracket to the shift tube. They are at the bottom of the steering column. They are known for loosening or even falling out.

Crawl under the dash and look up the column.

Reaction score
There are two #30 Torx bolts that hold the shift cable bracket to the shift tube. They are at the bottom of the steering column. They are known for loosening or even falling out.

Crawl under the dash and look up the column.

I will try that and report back lol. Super inconvenint to deal with.

Latest posts

Members online